Ring (www.ring.com) is looking for a System Engineer focused on Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a proven and demonstrable track record of operating mission-critical infrastructure, as well as a history of providing support third-party tools within high-tech companies.
Key job responsibilities
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line offers users affordable whole home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone – while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you are always home.
This role will support Ring by operating and maintaining numerous IT related solutions. Areas of responsibility include ensuring best practice implementation of operations processes relating to AWS Infrastructure, Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, Grafana, Jenkins, Okta, FreshService, Slack, and others. Being successful in this role requires a personal drive to raise IT maturity, and to insist on the highest standards for operational excellence.
A day in the life
This role is focused on maintaining operational stability, security and compliance for Atlassian, Artifactory, Jenkins and Grafana private cloud environments, and should be frequently asking "Is there already a solution for this?" and “Can we do this better with code?”
You will execute SOP’s relating to Operational Excellence, including Incident Management, Preventive Maintenance, Applying System Updates, Release Management, Capacity and License Planning. You will be interfacing with internal engineering and third-party support teams, to accomplish established goals provided by leadership. This includes identifying unnecessary resources to reduce waste and continuously improve Ring processes in order to raise the bar for our internal and external customers.
About the team
The Ring Continuous Improvement group focuses on internal IT/Dev operations. This group is largely focused on creating and execute SOP’s relating to operational excellence, including the following areas of focus: incident management, preventive maintenance, release management, capacity and financial planning. Additionally, they also maintain operational stability, security, and compliance for VPC environments such as Atlassian, Artifactory, Jenkins, and Grafana. The Ring CI team work with internal engineering and third-party support teams to accomplish established goals provided by leadership. All of these functions are in the interest of our mission to provide a secure and reliable set of services supporting back-office operations and to provide friction-less integration between Amazon, Ring, and our third-party partners.
• 2+ years of experience and proven track record in enterprise level IT services & operations
• 2+ years of experience working with development support tools like Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, and Jenkins
• 1+ years of experience configuring, troubleshooting and operating Linux and LAMP stack applications.
• 1+ years of experience with AWS infrastructure technologies like EC2, VPC, IAM, ALBs, CloudWatch
• 1+ year experience using configuration management tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Chef or Salt.
• 1+ years of experience working with a Cloud Identity as a Service solution like Okta, Azure AD Premium, Centrify
• 1+ years supporting SAML, OpenID Connect and federated authentication
• 1+ years of experience architecting SaaS application management using unified identity solutions
• 1+ years of experience maintaining system access lifecycle, including implementing custom solutions that enable exclusive or proprietary tools to interact on an automated basis
• Understanding of TCP/IP and Internet technologies like digital certificates, well-known TCP ports, web server security, AWS security
• Breadth of technical proficiency in areas like Unix/Linux administration, Network Administration, Programming Language Concepts or Security Engineering
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records