As an Account Manager for Amazon Explore, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing and optimizing exciting virtual experiences for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and analytical Account Manager with 2+ years of proven experience in professional customer service and/or business development roles to manage new and existing sellers in a growing business. The ideal candidate has a focus on the customer and has a passion for travel and cultural learning. This is a multifaceted role, requiring the ability to balance both tactical and strategic work, manage senior level relationships with external sellers, communicate with internal leadership, develop scalable processes for new workstreams, and dive deep into problem solving and magic making for Amazon customers.
You will support the Business Development team's management of day-to-day relationships with external partners, while continuing to identify new opportunities to improve existing processes for seller onboarding, growth, and management. You will be the voice for Amazon partners to leadership as we challenge the status quo and invent on behalf of our customers. Additionally, you will gain experience working cross-functionally with the business, operations, marketing, product and tech teams.
Key job responsibilities
- Deliver timely, accurate and professional assistance to all internal and external customers
- Prospect, nurture and qualify prospective sellers.
- Guide sellers in the development, submission, launch and optimization of unique and engaging virtual experiences.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase awareness, bookings and revenue for assigned portfolio of virtual experiences.
- Track and quantify seller operational challenges to provide requirements for automation of repetitive tasks, tooling improvements, and standard operating procedures
- Manage operational relationships with stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally to improve the seller and customer experience.
- Contribute to a positive team environment and proactively help team members to meet and exceed team SLAs, quality standards, and goals
A day in the life
A day in the life of an Amazon Explore Account manager involves corresponding with both new and existing sellers to identify, launch and optimize iconic and exciting virtual experiences in far-off locations.
You are motivated by a challenge and work diligently with partner teams to remove barriers for launching the best possible experience selection.
You will maintain an in-depth understanding of your experience portfolio and its performance, managing often difficult Seller conversations with ease.
You may own ancillary projects or goals that support the Account Management team.
About the team
Amazon Explore’s mission is to be the world’s most loved service for virtual travel and experiential shopping experiences.
We are a savvy team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
We operate with a start-up, Day One mentality and are not dissuaded by challenges as we build a new business together.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of proven professional experience in an external-facing account management, business development or related role
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership
- 2+ years working with Microsoft Excel and data analysis
- High volume account management experience
- Comfort working with and automating analysis of large data sets.
- Experience writing Standard Operating Procedures
- Business Development or Marketing experience
- Experience defining and communicating project objectives, status, and performance metrics to key stakeholders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with internal and external partners of all levels
- Given Explore's international Seller base, proficiency in additional languages can be helpful.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado and Connecticut is $52,300.00- $91,600.00 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act and CT House Bill Number 6380.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.