Do you have a passion for cutting-edge startups? Are you a customer-obsessed, business-savvy networker with experience working at or with startups, technical aptitude, excitement for the cloud, and exceptional sales acumen? Do you have the drive necessary to help establish Amazon Web Services as the key platform for high growth startups in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA)?
As an AWS Startup Business Development Manager (SBDM) you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape the future of the fastest growing technology company in history in MENA. Your responsibility will be to identify and establish relationships with startups by partnering with the most influential startup organizations, venture capitalists, angel investors, incubators, and accelerators in the market and you will work to increase the adoption of AWS in high-growth technology startups at scale.
The SBDM will use their deep network of contacts and relationships to establish AWS as a key partner in the MENA startup community. By working with emerging startup organizations and their cohorts/classes, you will evangelize AWS, drive AWS adoption within these customer segments, and collect feedback for AWS engineering and service teams to meet the needs of startups. In addition, the SBDM will work with startups to help them achieve their non-technical business goals, managing regional startup-focused incentive programs to help customers thrive. By connecting startups to partners, potential investors, and potential business leads, the SBDM will deliver verifiable business value to AWS startup customers. The candidate will also work with key internal stakeholders to deliver the quarterly and yearly business plans.
The ideal candidate will possess experience as a venture capital investor, Startup founder or similar entrepreneurial experience. While not a technical role, they should have demonstrated technical aptitude that enables them to engage with customers at the CXO level alongside developers, data scientists, and IT architects. She/He should also be an entrepreneurial self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a regional coverage plan and can effectively work across functions in the wider AWS EMEA business development organization.
Key job responsibilities
• Become a fixture of the Startup community in Middle East & North Africa (MENA)
• You are the face of AWS in your market and an advocate for customers inside of the company
• Promote and evangelize AWS services to startups and startup organizations
• Develop and execute against a comprehensive regional coverage and expansion plan.
• Create and articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services and AWS partnership opportunities
• Drive and facilitate startup adoption of AWS at scale
• Maintain a robust projects and opportunity pipeline
• Identify, onboard, nourish, and support partners to extend their reach and promote AWS adoption
• Contribute to a positive customer experience as a part of a fun, diverse, and experienced team including many former founders and VCs
• Direct field experience working with startups, software companies, and/or startup organizations (e.g. venture capitalists).
• Demonstrated leadership within channel business development, field marketing, and/or account management sales experience in the technology space.
• Self-starter able to function with high level of independence.
• Strong English-language verbal and written communication skills.
• Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills.
• An entrepreneurial background with experience at a technology startup or corporate.
• BA/BS/ MBA degree preferred.
• An applied technical background in engineering, computer science, data science, or MIS a plus.
• Experience with common funding mechanisms, regional institutions, and regional communities for startups.
• Experience in MENA firms in Venture Capital, Private Equity, and Incubator/Accelerator community.
• Experience working with HNI's, Family Offices and Govt funds is a plus
• Experience working with MCK/BCG/BAIN/ATK or a Top tier consulting firm in the digital space is a plus
• Arabic is preferred