Technical Sales Representative
Are you ready to restart your career and build the future? The Amazon Returnship Program offers you an opportunity to reboot your skills, refresh your resume with new experience, and relaunch your journey toward your professional goals in a supportive, real-world environment.
The Returnship Program is a paid 16-week, 100% virtual opportunity available to candidates who are returning to their professional career after experiencing 1 or more years of unemployment and/or underemployment. The successful candidate must meet all of the basic qualifications of this position and can reside anywhere within the United States.
Are you one of those technologists with the communication, consultative, and leadership skills to help guide customers to disrupt their status quo with cloud technology? Do you have a knack for helping an organization to understand application architectures and integration approaches, to architect advanced cloud-based solutions, and to help drive the sales and initial build-out of those systems? The AWS World Wide Public Sector National Security Team is hiring.
Come join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) National Security Team to work with our most strategic customers in the intelligence community to design some of the most advanced cloud architectures running on AWS. As a Technical Sales Representative (TSR) in this role, you will demonstrate depth and breadth across a range of technology domains and be current with modern distributed systems technologies. You will also have strong interpersonal skills and have demonstrated passion for solving public sector customers' mission problems. You will use AWS services to help our customers build highly scalable web & mobile applications, architecting large scale micro-services solutions, and enabling data-driven decision making through big data technologies.
As a member of the sales team, you will drive revenue growth across a defined set of customers in the intelligence community. You will help your customers understand and implement best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as services teams, marketing, and professional services.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
Learn more about Amazon Returnships at www.amazon.jobs/returnships
Key job responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining technical trusted advisor relationships with influential technical decision makers for the successful adoption and deployment of AWS services and technologies both in support of a partner building out a new solution or service, and in the support of account team sales efforts.
- Work in collaboration with the account team to create and execute business plans to accelerate the adoption of AWS, exceed revenue goals, and drive customer satisfaction
- Coordinating a large virtual sales team encompassing key account managers and sales SAs in closing opportunities in all public sector verticals
- Drive the AWS platform by aligning customer requirements with AWS service teams’ roadmaps
- Identify and share best-practice knowledge
- Position requires travel -- generally, between 5 - 30%
A day in the life
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance. In compliance with the U.S. government requirement that employees of its contractors, and employees who work on or in connection with U.S government contracts must receive the COVID-19 vaccine, this position may require that the candidate selected be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A person is considered fully vaccinated by completing the full regimen of the COVID-19 vaccine (two doses for Pfizer or Moderna and one dose for Johnson & Johnson).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in technology sales or design/implementation of complex IT solutions (ideally scalable cloud-based solutions and microservices architectures)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
- 5+ years years of experience in the design and implementation of complex IT solutions (including scalable cloud-based solutions and microservices architectures)
- Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as pre-sales engineer, sales consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with CTOs, Enterprise Architects, IT Management, and developers
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Professional experience architecting large scale solutions on AWS
- A Masters Degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or equivalent technical degree
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional level
For Colorado Applicants: The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 54.95/hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $54.95/hr. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.