Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner with customers, AWS Sales and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
The position will be based in Bahrain.
Key job responsibilities
In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
As a key member of the sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
· 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
· 5+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
· 3+ years relevant experience in technology/software sales
· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
· Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
· Strong written communication skills
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
· Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
· Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built in Cloud Environments