Are you interested in ensure that customers make great purchase decisions and that the world's most recognized Brands using Amazon are successful listing and selling their products? The Brand Protection team designs and builds high performance software systems using cutting-edge machine learning and deep learning techniques that identify and prevent abuse and counterfeit on behalf of brand owners worldwide.
We are looking for a highly talented scientist to help build of our vision for Brand Protection. As a applied scientist on the team, you will interface directly with Product and Engineer to build hands of the wheel solutions to identify risks and abusive behavior to protect legit brands in our catalog. You will work backwards from data insights and customer feedback to build the right machine learning solutions, and resourceful in finding innovative solutions to unsolved problems.
This is a global role that will include interaction with Brands, Sellers and internal teams, requiring a strong ability to communicate effectively and understand the different needs of global customers. You should have extensive experience leading multiple Machine Learning initiatives, from conception to launch in a rapidly evolving environment. Amazon’s growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new solutions, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
Key job responsibilities
- Understand business challenges by analyzing data and customer feedback
- Collaborate with tech and product teams on model building strategies and model experiment, implementation and continuous improvement
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of both structured and unstructured data to design strategies to solve business problems.
- Use CV, NLP and state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems
- Create business and analytics reports and present to the senior management teams
- Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
- A PhD in CS Machine Learning, Statistics, Applied Math or an equivalent highly technical field
- 3 year of hand-on modeling experience in the area of predictive modeling, NLP, personalization, recommendation system
- Deep understanding of statistical modeling and deep learning techniques.
- problem solving ability
- written and verbal communication skills and data presentation skills.
- 3 year experience in Python and SQL
- 5+ years of hand-on modeling experience in the area of risk modeling, Abuse and Frand
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
- Familiar with AWS machine learning technologies such as SageMaker.
- Strong program skills in C/C++, Java
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.