Performance Advertising is looking for a Data Scientist I (Level 4) for the Analytics team. We are looking for customer obsessed, data driven professionals to join our growing team and solve some of the hardest problems for our customers. If you want operate at start up speed and build a service which advertisers and shoppers love, this might be the place for you.
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for modeling complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, machine learning, algorithmic, data mining and visualization techniques. You will need to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to solve problems, create operational efficiencies, and deliver successfully against high organizational standards. The candidate should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact business questions and present the insights in concise and effective manner. Additionally, the candidate should be an effective communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences. This is a high impact role with goals that directly impacts the bottom line of the business.
Key job responsibilities
* Use predictive analytics and machine learning techniques to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
* Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build actionable models to optimize operations
* Solve analytical problems, and effectively communicate methodologies and results
* Build predict models to forecast advertiser and shopper experience impact
* Draw inferences and conclusions, and create dashboards and visualizations of processed data, identify trends, anomalies
* Work closely with internal stakeholders such as business teams, engineering teams, and partner teams and align them with respect to your focus area
· Master’s Degree in any quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance, computer science, or Operational Research
· 2+ years of experience working in Analytics / Business Intelligence environment
· 2+ years professional experience in modeling and statistical analysis of large data sets
· Proven experience in working with databases and SQL in a business environment
· Demonstrated use of analytical packages and query languages such as SAS, SPSS and SQL
· Proven experience in design and execution of analytical projects
· Demonstrated experience working in large scale data bases and data warehouses
· Track record of developing and implementing models using programming and scripting (Java, Python, R, Ruby, C/C++, or Matlab)
· Experience/knowledge of advanced machine learning techniques such as GBM, random forest, etc.
· Experience in advertising space, preferably online advertisements
· Coding skills in one of the modern languages Java, Python, Scala, R
· Experience with visualization technologies such as Tableau
· Experience in statistical techniques such as classification, clustering, regression, statistical inference, collaborative filtering, and natural language processing, experimental design, social networking analysis, feature engineering, etc.
· Compelling communication and influencing skills and participation in winning the support of management and influence the course of major strategic decisions.