Looking for a career at a company that seeks to be Earth’s most customer-centric company? Interested in disrupting the B2B landscape? Eager to contribute to a business that is growing exponentially in a global environment? If so, this is the right role for you.
Amazon Business represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment and customer base and is an area of high interest for Amazon. We are focused on building integration focused solutions that enable our business customers and alliances to get their systems integrated with Amazon. The needs of these customers are different from those of the traditional Amazon customer, so we are reinventing everything from how we display our selection, price our products, provide the right customer experience and connectivity to Amazon to offer unparalleled customer support.
After launching in 2015 in the United States, Amazon Business is now live in nine countries, including also the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, India, and Canada. Today, Amazon Business serves millions of business customers and we reached $25 billion in worldwide annualized sales. We are continuing to expand and are looking for strong leaders to help us get there.
We are looking for an experienced senior product manager and creative problem solver with technical background who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
Product managers at Amazon are expected to quickly understand organizational and product goals and map them to managed project deliverables. They must be able to divide tasks across a team and manage team execution. They are fully responsible for delivering and operating the features they design and own, and are held to high quality standards. For this role we are looking for an experienced product manager and creative problem solver with technical background who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
Specifically, this Senior Product Manager (Tech) will
- Own the vision and product roadmap to help drive Amazon Business expansion and specifically the multi-year charter to develop our single supplier solution and bring it to our global AB locales.
- Work with in-country product, business, sales, customer service, tax and legal teams to understand country-specific customer and regulatory requirements.
- Identify and work closely with a set of key customers that help us define the right experiences.
- Engage with US-based global Amazon Business product teams to understand global product roadmaps.
- Collaborate with various Amazon Business and partner tech teams to build the solution.
- Work with local marketing and sales teams to launch the product.
The role is inherently cross-functional. You will work closely with design, engineering, operations, finance and executive teams to bring products and programs to life. You will proactively identify and resolve strategic issues, as well as secure and schedule the resources needed to deliver. For this you must build effective working relationships with peers on the global Amazon Business team, local country leaders in every nation we serve, as well as with a large number of engineering teams.
Required skills include core product management skills, like opportunity assessment, product definition, and customer feedback mechanisms, as well as strong technical and project management skills.
The role is based in Madrid and will provide some international travel opportunities.
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- 5+ years of consistent career progression
- Experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Exposure to agile software development methodology
- Experience working cross-functionally with key internal partners to get things done
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Math, Engineering or Sciences
- Demonstrated history in creative big thinking
- Experience in B2B industry with exposure to strategic procurement practices and processes, B2B e-commerce
- International business experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and experience presenting ideas to senior executives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.