Amazon’s Information Security Penetration Testing Team is seeking a Security Engineer to help keep Amazon secure for its customers. In this role, you will attack Amazon’s services, applications, and websites to discover security issues and report them to our internal technology teams. This position will provide you with challenging opportunities, both technologically and as a leader, but will also be a great deal of fun if hacking Amazon alongside a team of highly skilled individuals sounds exciting to you.
A Security Engineer at Amazon is expected to be strong in multiple domains. Engineers in this role work closely with teams throughout Information Security, as well as provide technical leadership and advice to teams and leaders throughout Amazon. You will be in direct contact with teams in a variety of business verticals, giving you first hand knowledge about how Amazon is built and how it operates at a deep, technical level. Additionally, you will leverage the knowledge you gain about Amazon to find new ways to break services, processes, and technologies throughout the company.
Engineers in this role must show exemplary judgment in making technical trade-offs between short-term fixes and long-term security and business goals. You will demonstrate resilience and navigate ambiguous situations with composure and tact. You will be expected to provide thought leadership for the organization as you discover, invent, and innovate throughout the course of your duties. Above all else, a strong sense of customer obsession is necessary to focus on the ultimate goal of keeping Amazon and its customers secure.
Key job responsibilities
* Conducting high quality application penetration tests independently, or as part of a team
* Creating detailed engagement plans and thoroughly documenting findings, gaps, and remediation recommendations
* Contributing to team tooling, innovation, and improvements
* Communicating and collaborating with partner teams, service owners, Information Security, and senior leadership to influence, prioritize, and drive the resolution of discovered security findings
* 1+ years of experience in a penetration testing or information security role
* 1+ years of professional experience with security engineering practices, including: web application security, network security, authentication and authorization protocols, cryptography, automation, and other software security disciplines
* 1+ years of experience with dynamic and manual code auditing to identify security issues
* 1+ years of experience with interpreted or compiled languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, C/C++, Java, .NET)
* Experience with threat modeling, design review, or other threat analysis techniques
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience
* Experience with mobile application penetration testing
* Knowledge of cloud service providers and their offerings, preferably AWS, and its various technologies and services
* Experience in various security domains (e.g. system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, application security, incident response)
* Experience in developing security tooling and automation
* Experience in CTF competitions, CVE research, and/or Bug Bounty recognition
* Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $159,000 - $215,000/yr however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.