Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience, Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. The spirit of innovation drove Amazon's evolution from a website to an e-commerce platform to a development platform, and it is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers, developers, publishers, and sellers around the world. Amazon's vision is to offer the Earth's largest selection and lowest prices to our customers.
Amazon.com is looking for a Sr. Industry Specialist dedicated to Consumer Security’s Employee Engagement programs. The Consumer Security team is growing fast, and we are hyper-focused on fostering a culture of inclusion and creating a world class experience for our team. We are looking for someone creative and passionate about bringing a distributed workforce together. If you have a marketing mindset, enjoy working with cross functional teams, and developing communication strategies, this is the role for you!
We are looking for a thought leader in this space comfortable with high degrees of ambiguity and creativity, exceptional in communicating across multiple organizations, and analyzing and getting ahead of trends.
Successful candidates will be able to balance think big with realism, deliver bold yet achievable business plans, while summarizing and detailing plans that are understood by executive audiences. The ability to work backwards and think from a customer perspective is crucial. You should be comfortable working across many complex dependencies, creating and maintaining project plans and diving into the details to understand the nuances and complexities involved.
You must be able to:
- Develop robust communication plans, channel strategies and engagement programs.
- Show ownership and leadership skills in coordinating projects across multiple teams, driving them to successful conclusion while building strong, lasting relationships with both internal and external customers
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs balancing the business needs versus constraints.
- Partner and collaborate across a range of technical and non-technical teams, advise our various Security leadership teams across Consumer InfoSec, and be able to present compelling short and long term data-driven solutions.
- Lead ambiguous and undefined problems to resolution in the face of uncertainty
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of management, building trust across the organization, and demonstrating discretion with sensitive information
- Demonstrate the ability to break abstract goals into attainable, measurable work items
The location of this role is flexible and can be based in in Austin TX, Arlington VA, Seattle WA, and other Consumer Security locations.
Key job responsibilities
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to design and deploy communication campaigns, programs and engagement activities to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Draft, edit and produce engaging messages, communications and content consistent with Consumer Security’s narrative and brand.
- Develop feedback mechanisms to gauge program effectiveness, identify and monitor key performance indicators and operational metrics.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the ConSec employee experience at all levels, functions and locations to inform program activities.
- Develop a knowledge management strategy and maintain internal sites for Consumer Security (i.e. internal wikis)
- Drive the coordination and clear communication of a programmatic roadmap, working across multiple groups.
- Manage cross-functional and cross-organization communication to ensure all stakeholders are informed, and needs are aligned.
- Establish credibility and maintain strong working relationships with technical and non-technical groups involved with security matters including but not limited to InfoSec, Legal, Internal Audit, HR, Finance, Developer Communities, Compliance, etc.
- Learn and deploy best practices at Amazon, engage with other teams in the company, evangelizing the team and your programs, building relationships, and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals.
- Minimum of 8 years of industry experience with a proven track record of delivery following Project Management principles
- 8+ years of executive communication. Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business
- 5+ years working in talent development, employee engagement, or communications related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions
- Ability to effectively coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
- Strong customer focus, ownership, sense of urgency and drive
- Familiarity with marketing principles, and social media tools
- Passion to make things better and resourceful, solutions-based approach to partnership
- Experience in generating automated metrics to measure IT security effectiveness and consistency
- Experience with large enterprise environments
- Experience developing and maintaining internal sited (i.e. Wiki), and developing knowledge management strategies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.