Amazon Content and App Partner Engagement, the team behind Amazon Appstore, Amazon Fire TV, Automotive and Fire Tablets is looking for a self-directed Head of Evangelism to drive adoption and community engagement for Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Appstore, Amazon Fire Tablets and Automotive. In this role, you’ll combine your passion and enthusiasm to generate grass-roots attention and support for Amazon devices among developers, technologists and key industry opinion makers.
As the leader of a team of evangelists, you’ll work to earn trust with our internal and external customers through your technical leadership and expertise. This is a high-impact public facing role that’s best suited to someone with deep hands-on developer experience who also enjoys helping developers solve their technical issues and overcome any challenges they face.
You will work alongside product managers and engineering teams to leverage feedback from developers to inform product roadmaps. You will identify gaps in our products and documentation, and have direct impact on addressing those gaps. In partnership with others on the developer relations team, you’ll identify areas to engage the community, amplify the materials and resources you create and identify opportunities to improve in our public content. The right candidate will have a strong public-speaking background and has extensive experience speaking at conferences and fostering relationships with developers at industry events. You will produce technical content to help our customers learn about new features and guide their plans for adoption and growth.
Key job responsibilities
• Coordinate an international team of Developer Evangelist, focused on technical and educational content creation and delivery
• Define goals and strategy for engaging directly the broader apps and games developer community
• Coordinate execution of content creation and distribution according to go-to-market plan defined with the broader Developer Relations team
• Identify leads for potential partnerships and collaboration opportunities
• Collaborating with internal teams to define the product road map, market positioning, community user groups and developer program initiatives.
• Be the advocate and voice of developers internally at Amazon, representing developers needs within the company
• Gain industry recognition and credibility as attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at Amazon and third-party technology conferences, hackathons, workshops and events, acting as a coach-player for the team as Head Evangelist
• 5+ years of experience leading a team of technical subject matter experts (Developer Relations, Solutions Architecture)
• Computer Science Degree or equivalent work experience
• Superior public speaking and presentation skills
• Proficiency authoring technical, educational content (technical articles, whitepapers, tutorials, sample code)
• Highly detail-oriented
• Willingness to travel
• Significant experience working as a Lead Developer Evangelist/Advocate or technical executive role in a Partner-facing function
• Experience developing and publishing mobile apps and/or games on App Stores
• Working knowledge and experience with social / online marketing coupled with prior experience in product definition, go-to-market strategies and/ or setting an industry standard
• A history of successful speaking engagements, industry influence and / or recognition in technology publications
• Experience building and/or leading developer communities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.