The AWS platform has grown rapidly since the launch of the first service and it is now the underlying infrastructure for businesses around the world from start-ups to enterprises to government agencies. AWS has over one million customers in over 190 countries leveraging the services from infrastructure locations in the U.S., Europe, South America, China, Singapore, Australia and Japan.
Companies around the world using AWS range from smaller, fast-growing companies such as Spotify, Airbnb and Pinterest to larger companies and government agencies such as Royal Dutch Shell, Unilever, Pfizer, NASA and the European Space Agency.
Since the formation of the China region 5+ years ago together with the subsequent incorporation of the Greater China Region (GCR), we have been experiencing rapid growth for the last few years. GCR is now one of the leading regions in the world both in term of revenue size and growth rate. As we rapidly grow our business and our team, we are seeking a proven sales and BD manager for the AWS customer facing team for global multinational corporations (MNCs) in Beijing China. This person will lead telecommunication industry team and the team is be responsible for acquiring and developing new and existing foreign customers on AWS China regions. The leader will work closely with Global Account teams in other region to develop Global Accounts team’s go to market strategy, structure and build the team to achieve results, define metrics for success, lead all key customer relationships, and will own global accounts revenue attainment for China.
This is a chance to be a thought leader in cloud computing and to build and develop a rapidly growing AWS team, in one of the most exciting and game-changing areas in the technology space.
Key Strategic Objectives
The Senior Manager, Business Development, Telecommunications Industry for AWS Beijing/Shanghai will:
- Grow AWS business in White space accounts and build new business in whitespace in global accounts/MNC accounts
- Plan and establish a world-class organization with high efficiency and reach. The organization partners strongly with internal AWS cross functional teams and consistently hits its objectives. The Manager is expected to create, develop and promote a relevant sales philosophy within the context of Amazon’s Leadership Principles.
- Drive operation excellence with significant autonomy and discretion
- Act as a thought leader and senior contributor within AWS Beijing. Help to drive our overall vision and service roadmaps.
- Help to identify AWS’ future opportunities and lead significant and unique new initiatives for big impact where no current best practices may exist in the market.
This ideal candidate must have:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business, marketing, or related field is required, an MBA is preferred;
- Rich enterprise selling experience;
- Proved record in driving significant growth with sizable scope’
- Prior multi-regional sales management experience yet with proven direct sales experience to global accounts/industrial accounts in the space of IT&T solutions and services;
- Deep experience selling and managing software solutions, system integration, IT or business process outsourcing services;
- Track record of building rapport with senior customer executives;
- Fluent Mandarin and English required.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon Leaders:
- Thinks strategically to set the direction, but stays on top of tactical execution.
- Experience in leading managing metrix organization to deliver, able to hire great people and develop great people
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.