The Honeycode team in AWS is looking for a UX Designer to help define and build the future of low-code/no-code tools. You'll be part of a truly innovative team in a fun, fast-paced environment with the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up and the resources of Amazon.
Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers harness the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to build innovative applications, websites, and businesses. Our mission is to dramatically re-imagine the way our customers build apps. We build elegant user experiences that eliminate the barrier to entry so people of all kinds can take advantage of the power of AWS in their everyday work and lives. We’re making “app development for everyone” a reality!
Key job responsibilities
* Own the end-to-end design of delightful customer experiences for multiple Honeycode features.
* Simplify and distill complex business processes into intuitive and elegant UIs.
* Help build and maintain a comprehensive and consistent design system to include UI components, UI architecture, visual design, branding, voice, and workflows.
* Provide UX design artifacts, including user personas, user journey maps, IA diagrams, flow diagrams, low-fi wireframes, hi-fi mockups, and interactive prototypes.
* Partner with UX Researchers to define, contribute, and maintain “voice of customer” processes that include market analysis, customer feedback, customer interviews, usability testing, and UX metrics analysis.
* Use business requirements and research to help develop use cases and high-level requirements.
* Partner with the Product team to represent customer needs in the requirements development process.
* Present and defend design work to the Design & Research Team, product owners, development team, product team, executives, and other product stakeholders for review and feedback.
* Provide guidance and mentorship to less senior members of the Design & Research team.
A day in the life
As a UX Designer on the Honeycode team, we'll look to you to pioneer, invent, and build on behalf of our customers. This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results. You'll work in partnership with User Researchers, Developers, Product Managers, and other UX Designers in order to complete your daily tasks.
You’ll have the opportunity to build the right things with lots of autonomy and limited guidance. Your decisions will be informed by your practical experience, high level of skill, and insight into intuitive and user-friendly UX.
We care about work-life balance. We recognize that it isn’t about what hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
About the team
The Design & Research Team has a lot to do, but we make sure to have fun along the way! We’re a team of fun, brilliant, extremely creative UX Design, Creative, and UX Research professionals who love to exchange ideas, evolve our design system together, and show off our work. We laugh regularly, trust and learn from each other, and inspire each other to even greater heights on a daily basis.
* Must have an online portfolio that demonstrates UX and user-centered design expertise through mockups, style guides, prototypes, and other artifacts
* 4+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
* 3+ years of experience designing for web-based, responsive, and accessible applications
* Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 5+ years equivalent professional experience
* A master’s degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related UX degree
* Experience working with design tools like Figma, Sketch, XD, or Illustrator.
* Experience working in a collaborative creative team
* Experience working directly with developers for implementation of designs
* Strong written and verbal communications skills including presentation skills
* Experience with the current state of web technology and best practices
* Experience with a variety of standard design tools such as Figma, InVision, Sketch, or Framer
* Demonstrated history of making data-driven decisions
* Demonstrated proficiency in using and contributing to (atomic) design systems, both for consistency of brand/user experience and for efficiency in code.
* Demonstrated proficiency in best practices for web-based application information architecture design, design patterns, usability principles, and techniques
* Demonstrated history of performing user research or gathering quantitative customer data
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.