Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Vision scientist/engineer you will work with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and testing to ensure best user experience. In this role, you will:
• Apply vision science to optimize user interface and experience of emerging technologies and products
• Help guide product features and requirements based on vision science
• Develop vison models and simulations to guide hardware, software and system design
• Develop quality metrics and design and execute human factor evaluations
• Master’s degree in Vision Science, Optical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, or related field with +5 years’ experience
• Deep understanding of human vision system
• Experience with Psychophysics, visual perception experiment design, conduct, and data analysis
• Experience with visual acuity measurements, autorefractors, lensometers
• Strong modeling and data analysis skills
• Proficient in color science
• Hands-on experience in laboratory work
• Doctoral degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field
• +10 years’ experience in design, fabrication, characterization of diffractive optical elements
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.