Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services? Do you want to work with the leading technology startups and tech trailblazers in the market? Do you have the business savvy and technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider?
As a Territory Manager at AWS you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology.You will engage with customers in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects. You should also be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets.
Your tasks will include, but not be limited to:
· Work with partner, marketing, business development and technical teams to manage and grow the territory
· Manage numerous accounts concurrently & strategically
· Develop and execute against a plan that leads to the creation and maintenance of a robust pipeline including opportunities in existing accounts as well as driving net new business with prospects
· Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS
· Analyze metrics data from the accounts to help evolve your business plan
· Maintain the CRM database up-to-date and forecast the territory performance
· Help contribute to long-term relationships with key accounts
· When appropriate, assist Amazon business partners on joint selling opportunities
5+ Years of technology sales experience
· College/University Degree or equivalent experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to think and act independently within a fast-paced multi-task driven environment
· MBA is a big Plus
· A technical background in engineering, computer science or MIS is advantageous
- Relevant Cloud (IaaS, SaaS) sales experience
- Sales experience in South Africa
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.