Come join a creative and innovative Security Assurance team that drives exceptional security for customers and provides cutting edge technology solutions. The Amazon Web Services (AWS) business is rapidly expanding its global presence and we are looking for innovative people to develop and support business intelligence and operations reporting and management systems. In this role, you will support improvement and creation of metrics and dashboards. In addition, you will work with internal customers at all levels of the organization. We seek candidates that enjoy the challenges and rewards of working in a fast-growing organization and a very international environment.
As a Data Engineer, you will be working on most complex data warehouse environments. You will design, implement and support scalable data infrastructure solutions to integrate with multi heterogeneous data sources, aggregate and retrieve data in a fast and safe mode, curate data that can be used in reporting, analysis, machine learning models and ad-hoc data requests. You will be exposed to cutting edge AWS big data technologies. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners and Tech leaders to gather infrastructure requirements, design data infrastructure, build up data pipelines and data-sets to meet business needs. You stay abreast of emerging technologies, investigating and implementing where appropriate.
Your major responsibilities will include
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies.
· Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiencies.
· Designing and implementing complex pipelines and other BI solutions.
· Work closely with business owners, developers, Business Intelligence Engineer to explore new data sources and deliver the data.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth as a passionate learner that is motivated to take on challenges.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
· 3+ years of industry experience in Data Engineering, BI Engineer, or related field with a track record of and extracting value from bigdata
· Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of Python etc.
· Strong experience in distributed data Data and Data Warehousing
· Masters in mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
· 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer or related field in a company with large, complex data sources.
· Experience working with AWS big data technologies
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
· Familiarity with solving data quality issues and auto detection algorithms
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
# Security Assurance
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.