The Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join us in innovating the next generation of search experience that allows millions of Prime Video customers around the world, find and engage with rich video content across all Prime Video surfaces (e.g. iOS, Android, Fire TV, Alexa, Roku, TV Apps, Retail Web).
In this role, you will partner with Data Scientists, Business Intelligence Engineers, Software Engineers and Product Managers to scale the data and science driven lens to product improvement. You will own the design and implementation of data architecture, warehouses and pipelines underpinning the search science models and metrics for experimental and production consumption which will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making at Amazon Prime Video and Amazon.com.
*This role can be based virtually, anywhere in the United States.
Key job responsibilities
You will own the end-to-end design and implementation of big data architecture, data models, warehouses and pipelines, search science production assets and CICD pipeline.
You will make datasets readily-consumable by visualization tools and internal systems to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data and insight.
You will proactively help to identify new data for integration with our platform, and propose and implement new technologies to help us better understand our data.
You will create automated alarming and monitoring systems for data quality and integrity, and implement engineering best practices (i.e. data architecture, test, operational excellence).
You will influence the search science data strategy and make technical trade-offs between short-term needs and long-term goals.
You will actively mentor/develop others in improving their technical knowledge and their understanding of data engineering best practices.
A day in the life
You will build/enhance the Search Science data ecosystem that will help enhance the search experience for our global audience (200+ countries.).
As a Sr. Data Engineer in Search Science team, you will actively drive and own the search science data architecture and data assets, implementing new data pipelines that feed into or from critical prime video and amazon systems and visualization tools, productionizing statistical and machine learning models and complex business metrics.
You will collaborate with passionate and talented scientists, engineers and product managers and have fun innovating on behalf of customers!
About the team
In Prime Video Search, our vision is to become the universal choice for customers to Search for streaming video content. We're a high energy, fast growth business excited to have the opportunity to shape new ways for customers to experience video search.
Search Product science and intelligence team applies scientific method and data science best practices to improve product & business decision making in Prime Video Search. We are on an exciting journey to develop, automate, scale and productionize search-specific metrics and statistical and machine learning models which will guide product decisions and improve customer experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
· 5+ years of industry experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or a related discipline
· Experience in scripting languages
· Experience working with business owners, data scientists and software developers to define key system requirements and convert to technical specification
· Experience with solutions such as AWS, EC2, S3, or DynamoDB
· Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
· Experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Tableau, Quick Sight, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.)
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
· A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.