At Amazon's Alexa Web Info, our vision is to delight customers by answering questions they ask Alexa on any device or any language by leveraging the power of web. Alexa is changing the world and specifically how customers engage with AI. We are a tight night growing team in Alexa AI and we are creating a compelling business.
As a Data Engineer, you should be an expert in the architecture of DW solutions using multiple platforms. You should excel in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business analysts, data scientists and BI engineers to determine how best to build data solutions for reporting, metrics, analysis, science, and thought-partnership. You will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable ETL processes in the data warehouse platform to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data.
Key job responsibilities
Design, implement and support end-to-end analytical solutions that are highly available, scalable, stable, secure, and cost-effective
Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS big data technologies
Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
Collaborate with Data Scientists and Business Intelligence Engineers (BIEs) to recognize and help adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
- 3+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field
- Data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing experience
- Experience using big data technologies such as Spark, Hive, Redshift, or S3
- Experience in one or more of: Python, R, Bash, or other scripting language
- Experience manipulating, processing, and extracting value from datasets
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
- Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR)
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
- Familiarity with statistical models and data mining algorithms
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.