Entity: Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Title: Support Engineer IV
Location: Sterling, VA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on Earth! Amazon is a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers.
The Facility Operation Support Engineering team is looking for an individual with proven skills to invent, build and support tools in use by the global Facility Operations Center (FOC). This team ensures that the FOC tools remain highly available while looking for new ways to increase speed and accuracy of the FOC’s ability to respond to and remediate alarms. The ideal candidate should have a basic understanding of infrastructure, have excellent computer skills, be able to provide clear and concise written and verbal communication, and a good command of various programming languages and internal Amazon tools. This position will help ensure overall reliability and availability by interfacing with other teams and the FOC to drive new innovative projects while looking for ways to simplify existing tools and procedures to delight our customers.
Key job responsibilities
• Review and implement changes on systems utilizing thorough test plans.
• Work closely with automation teams to define the tools.
• Drive team collaboration and foster ideas.
• Create processes that can be leveraged to drive efficiency and quality.
• Create and update our network and security standards and ensure that the network adheres to these standards.
• Technical Lead with other teams to find solutions and remove blockers.
• Own and drive multiple major projects.
• Troubleshoot complex technical escalations and deep dive within critical infrastructure.
• Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in network quality and reliability.
• Invent new solutions bringing them from concept to production.
-BS or MS or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or equivalent technical training (Military/Trade School)
-5+ years of relevant work experience or equivalent. -4+ years experience in system administration
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Experience with AWS products and dashboards
-Experience with Amazon Connect
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.