We think smart security should work on any home and be accessible to everyone. Do you? Do you care deeply about privacy? Do you want to help define and maintain principles and best practices to protect privacy?
Come build the future of privacy with us! To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We work in a fast-paced environment across multiple industries, never losing our passion for customers.
At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone, while working hard to bring communities together.
As a member of the Privacy Operations team, you will play a key role in operationalizing privacy across the Ring organization. This includes engaging with multiple stakeholders across the enterprise to help ensure compliant outcomes. You will be responsible for consulting with key stakeholders to drive alignment with global privacy regulatory requirements, including GDPR.
In the execution of Amazon’s global privacy obligations, you will rely heavily on your subject matter expertise, as well as your project management, analytical, and relationship building skills to develop and deploy innovative strategies for data protection.
The successful candidate leverages their background in compliance program management, data protection, records management, privacy by design, third party risk management, data governance, and/or data modelling to implement privacy controls across the internal technology ecosystem.
Key job responsibilities
The identified candidate will demonstrate proven experience to: support stakeholders; evaluate control effectiveness; manage the execution of large, complex projects; improve process efficiency and scalability; understand levels of potential risk and how to address them; provide in-depth privacy consultation; track global privacy regulations; and synthesize diverse data to identify patterns, draw conclusions, and prioritize remediation using risk management concepts.
In this role you will:
- Consult with Ring organizations, such as Legal, IT, Security, and Product across their team's process, vendors, and application owners to ensure that sound protocols are in place to mitigate privacy risks.
- Monitor known and emerging risks, measure internal control effectiveness, and develop and own action items to remediate identified risk issues.
- Socialize and secure commitment for remediation and risk management strategies.
- Develop deep knowledge of privacy obligations and data privacy processes and solutions.
- Consult on the development of business requirements for new system implementations and enhancements.
- Draft written narratives to communicate obligations, risk analyses, and recommendations.
- Prepare other supporting documentation such as manager and employee communications, FAQs, and standard operating processes.
- Respond to questions and troubleshoot issues.
- Manage other risk and compliance related projects as needs arise.
A day in the life
The ‘day-to-day’ aspect of this role will be to review internal Ring systems for compliance with global privacy obligations. As part of this you will provide proactive guidance for upcoming tech builds and roadmaps, work with senior leaders on acceptable business risk when applicable, and track remediation actions as needed. You will be responsible for knowing the ins and outs of these systems, and ensure the system owners follow the correct paths to full compliance.
About the team
This team’s goal is to drive innovation while honoring data policies and controls that help protect customer privacy. You will have an opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products and services. You will help lead key initiatives and help teams design their systems and customer experiences in a manner that upholds our high bar for customer trust. You will work across disciplines including engineering, marketing, legal and business.
- 4+ years of experience in an privacy, legal, compliance or risk management role
- 4+ years of experience in an product and application development technology, compliance, or risk management role
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy regulations
- Has had to meet world-wide regulatory requirements for privacy and mitigate privacy risks.
- Has communicated complex issues and concepts verbally and in writing to a wide range of audiences from technical developers to non-technical executives.
- Has collaborated and driven commitments to deliver privacy solutions.
- Earned the respect of your peers and managers for your ability to grasp difficult technical challenges and invent practical, sustainable solutions.
- Work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Has worked successfully in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Used metrics to drive the right outcome.
- Addressed issues related to customer privacy and information security.
- Developed, implemented, and enforced policies applicable to entire organizations
- Has been certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (e.g., holds a CIPM, CIPP/US, and/or CIPP/E)
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $102,000-$160,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.