Would you like to lead a customer-obsessed team focused on driving improved customer experiences across Amazon products and services?
Customer Experience & Business Trends (CXBT) is looking for a Data Engineering Manager to lead and grow our Analytics Accelerator team to design, manage, and continuously enhance our analytics infrastructure. CXBT is focused on deeply understanding and improving Amazon customer experiences globally and uses this infrastructure to develop and deliver analytics applications for metrics generation, metrics correlation, economics models, ML models, and other use cases to ultimately help provide insights that drive enhanced customer experiences.
You will lead a team of data engineers, provide technical leadership, drive data engineering initiatives, and build end-to-end data solutions that are highly available, scalable, stable, secure, and cost-effective. You must possess excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with customers to analyze requirements and build solutions. You are a self-starter, have a proven track record of dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment. You have a strategic and long-term view on architecting advanced data ecosystems. You are experienced in building efficient and scalable data services and have the ability to integrate data systems with AWS tools and services to support a variety of customer use cases/applications.
You will manage the day-to-day activities of your engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment. Your team will manage the Redshift/EMR infrastructure and build data pipelines, and tools that enable product managers, analysts, BIEs, solution architects, and others to design and deliver services to improve Amazon customer experiences. You will work with customers to gather requirements for data logging, storing, transforming, and reporting. You will track the performance of our resources and related capabilities, constantly evolving our offering in order to scale our capabilities with the growth of the business and needs of our customers.
Key job responsibilities
• Lead a team of Data Engineers to deliver cross-functional, data engineering projects.
• Establish and clearly communicate organizational vision, goals, and success measures.
• Collaborate with customers globally to develop a roadmap and product requirements.
• Build, own, prioritize, lead and deliver a roadmap of large and complex multi-functional projects and programs.
• Manage AWS resources such as Redshift, EMR, EC2, RDS, Kinesis, Lambda, and drive architectural plans and implementation for future data storage, tool, reporting, and analytic solutions.
• Collaborate with Product Managers, Solution Architects, Technical Program Managers, Analysts, Business Intelligence Engineers, Data Scientists, and Economists to deliver high quality data architecture and pipelines.
• Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
About the team
Customer Experience and Business Trends (CXBT) is an organization made up of a diverse suite of functions dedicated to deeply understanding and improving customer experience, globally. We are a team of builders that develop products, services, ideas, and various ways of leveraging data to influence product and service offerings - for almost every business at Amazon - for every customer (e.g., consumers, developers, sellers/brands, employees, investors, streamers, gamers). Our approach is based on determining the customer need, along with problem solving, and we work backwards from there. We use technical and non-technical approaches and stay aware of industry and business trends. We are a global team, made up of a diverse set of profiles, skills, and backgrounds - including: Product Managers, Software Developers, Computer Vision Experts, Solution Architects, Data Scientists, Business Intelligence Engineers, Business Analysts, Risk Managers, and more.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience managing a data or BI team
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience leading and influencing the data strategy of your team or organization
- Experience in SQL
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related technical field.
• 3+ years of experience in implementing big data processing technology (Hadoop, etc.).
• Experience with Big Data Technologies.
• Demonstrated experience delivering actionable insights for a consumer business.
• Experience and working with global teams and diverse partners is a big plus.
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile. methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database/data warehousing or big data processing.
• Demonstrated experience designing data schema and operating internal data warehouses and SQL/NoSQL database systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.