Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions—including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys.
Amazon Publisher Services (APS) helps publishers of all sizes increase monetization and yield. APS provides exclusive access to Amazon marketing spend and extends our cloud-based platform technology to enable publishers to maximize revenue opportunity across devices and media channels while improving user experience. The end result is an Amazon product that lets publishers focus on what they do best: publishing.
Our Web and Mobile Business Intelligence team focuses on product suites that empower web and mobile app publishers to quickly build and grow thriving businesses through maximizing revenue, improving user experience, and gaining deeper insights into their audience.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will generate insights that will guide strategic decision making. You will be gathering customer insights, mining data, making recommendations, and helping senior leaders make key business decisions and form product and business strategies. You will have the opportunity to work with large and diverse data sets to gather insights using data from across Amazon Advertising infrastructure.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Analyze data to find actionable insights that lead to business insights and opportunities
- Own deep-dives resulting from business reviews and present findings to stakeholders
- Work with business planners and decision makers to translate business questions into verifiable hypotheses using complex, multi-source data
- Build dashboards and custom reports to track performance and investigate key business questions
- Collaborate with global stakeholders and report business and operational insights to leadership
This role can also be located in Palo Alto, Austin, Arlington, VA or New York.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or a related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in data science, business analytics, business intelligence (BI), or related roles in big data environments
- Experience with business intelligence analytics, reporting, visualization tools and methods (i.e., Quicksight, Power BI, Tableau)
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, Mathematics, related technical field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency with statistical analytics and scripting languages such as Python etc.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and fundamental statistical concepts for data analysis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.