The Amazon Alexa team focuses on bringing delightful experiences at scale to customers across the globe. As a UX Writer for Alexa Kids you will have the opportunity to shape how our youngest customers use Alexa for fun, learning, staying connected, and more. Come join the team that works to invent delightful, interactive and engaging Alexa experiences for kids and their families.
This role is inherently cross-functional — you’ll work closely with UX design, engineering teams, marketing, public relations, and finance on our team as well as teams across the company to deliver value to our customers. As a successful candidate you are creative, innovative and extremely proactive because you will regularly find yourself in uncharted territory where the key to creating exciting customer experiences will be to think ahead of the curve.
Key job responsibilities
We’re looking for a UX designer and writer who can:
• Work with creative and engineering teams to build out current interactive voice experiences and to develop new experiences for kids and families
• Own the experience lifecycle from brainstorming to writing, reviewing, and pushing content live
• Research successful AI customer interactions, and develop additional opportunities for kids and families on Alexa
• Work in a fast-paced editorial environment
• Work cross-functionally with design, engineering, marketing, public relations, legal, and finance
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or public relations
• 5+ years of customer-facing editorial experience
• Experience working cross-functionally with design, engineering, marketing, public relations, legal, and finance
• 10+ years of customer-facing editorial experience
• Master’s Degree in journalism, communications or public relations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to senior management
• Able to exhibit ownership and operate autonomously in a lean, fast-paced organization
• Previous experience building products that leverage A.I., Machine Learning, and/or Natural Language Understanding
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.