Amazon Care is looking for a Senior Product Manager (Technical) to join our team of passionate employees working to build a best-in-class healthcare product designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in a high-growth environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to customers.
This Senior Product Manager (Tech) will be responsible for end-to-end ownership of the Amazon Care mobile app experience. You will develop the strategy, vision, and roadmap for the mobile app, creating features that deliver a best-in-class customer experience and building tools and mechanisms that allow product managers across the org to effectively ship high quality features within the app. This role is inherently cross-functional – you will work closely with other product managers, engineering, design, operations, marketing, business development, and executive teams to bring products and features to market. Successful candidates will be strong, self-driven leaders who thrive on collaboration and partnership, can develop amazing customer experiences at scale, communicate clearly in written and verbal form, prioritize effectively, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
Key job responsibilities
• Lead the development and implementation of creative, impactful product roadmaps based on product strategy and vision
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, scope, and time to market
• Work closely with frontend/backend engineering teams, design, and stakeholders to deliver products to market
• Manage product planning and development through day to day collaboration and decision making with a cross-functional team including other product managers, engineers, designers and business or subject matter representatives
• Develop detailed, crisp user stories with acceptance criteria based on customer needs/experience and business requirements that can be used to create product specifications and architecture
• Work with UX Research to design usability and research studies to inform product requirements and influence product design and experience
• Define and analyze metrics that measure and benchmark product success
• Drive product launches including working with public relations/marketing team, customers, executives, and other team members
• Play an active role in optimization and process improvements between product, design, and engineering teams
A day in the life
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
About the team
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign opportunities based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded contributor.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience in technical product management and implementation
· 5+ years experience managing a large scale digital product from vision to launch, as well as further iterations through the software development life cycle
· Experience building and managing mobile applications for high-growth products
· Experience delivering customer software products and services in a high-growth healthcare environment
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and manage feature and experience tradeoffs
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing stakeholders and executives on highly complex topics.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Experience working in an agile environment
· MBA or Master’s Degree in a related field
o The pay range for this position in Colorado is $170-190K; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site. “The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $136,000-184,100 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.