At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
Amazon Global Procurement Technology is seeking an experienced Senior UX Designer to design integrated web and mobile application user experiences for users both internal and external to Amazon. This role will be responsible for translating business workflows and functional requirements into visual user experiences that delight customers and bring a professional and intuitive glow to the software systems we build and integrate. Partnering with internal customers, user focus groups, Product Managers, Program Managers, and Engineering teams, the Senior UX Designer conjures clarity with class while seeking user feedback to deliver delightful software application experiences.
In addition to core visual design skills, we are looking for someone with Information Architecture experience to develop cohesive and easy-to-use navigation schemes and use consistent terminology that resonates with users. Familiarity with design tools like Sketch or Figma is a plus, and use of UI frameworks like Kendo or Material UI in visual designs will also be very useful. Additionally, this role is expected to communicate effectively to all levels within the company, visually, in writing and in meetings.
A successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Demonstrate an expert ability to design high-fidelity web and mobile mock-ups, and the ability to leverage component libraries and custom symbols to accelerate productivity for rapid iteration with user groups is a must.
- Experience designing for simple applications as well as complex products that span multiple enterprise modules for use by multiple personas across multiple organizations.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, deals well with ambiguity, develops and builds clarity, and is willing to roll up their sleeves to dig into any initiative or business problem.
- Have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and will be constantly looking around corners to prevent short sighted decisions while making trade-off decisions to optimize time-to-market.
- Proven ability to work closely with the engineering team, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous product domains that rely on the candidate's ability to generate clarity, solutions and a path to successful outcomes.
Key job responsibilities
- Support various business groups within the Global Procurement Organization, converting business workflows and business requirements into intuitive and professional web and mobile UX designs.
- Partner with business sponsors, stakeholders and user groups to drive high usability and user satisfaction.
- Demonstrate high organization for projects and designs, enabling team members to easily find what they need among design assets.
- Operate as a single-threaded-owner of the user experience for the digital products within the candidate's portfolio, taking responsibility for creatively delivering results.
A day in the life
- Earn the trust of key stakeholders both inside and outside of the department
- Actively engage the user community to evolve designs to delight customers
- Provide actionable designs that engineering teams find practical to implement
- Learn business terminology and organization enough that UX designs demonstrate structured thought, organization and information architecture
- Champion standards and process improvements (both for business stakeholders and for Product and Program Management teams)
- Monitor digital product and feature utilization to gauge user engagement and recommend UX enhancements to drive a better user experience and higher business value
- Speak the language of business; speak the language of engineering; think the language of user experience
- Travel requirement: 10-20%
- 7+ years of design experience.
- An available online portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), a related field, or 4+ years of additional experience.
- Experience in a variety of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, and Keynote.
- An online portfolio or samples of work on resume, demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across web and mobile experiences.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment to deliver high-quality design solutions
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects and follow-up on resolving questions, risks and feedback.
- Ability to work autonomously with sometimes ambiguous business or creative direction, while demonstrating strong organizational skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing and using Information Architecture, including taxonomies, enterprise navigation structures and naming standards
- Ability to communicate complex ideas with both technical and non-technical individuals, striving to make the complex appear simpler.
- Experience working across multiple applications or products in a portfolio at once
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $137,800 - 186,400(hr./yr.); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.