We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As a Senior Product Manager, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Amazon is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new best in class product. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to own the end-to-end software functionality for a new product line. You will drive software product strategy, collaborate cross-functionally to develop and launch a new product, and maintain ownership over product requirements, backlog, and planning. This high visibility role will impact the success of the business launch and how our customers experience this new product. The position requires strong customer centric strategic planning, analytical skills, problem solving, and excellent communication skills. A track record of delivering results in a fast paced, dynamic environment is a must. Being self-driven, adaptable and able to manage multiple priorities is a key to success. This role is a great fit for someone who is sensitive to the diverse perspectives of stakeholders and works with them to resolve differences.
Key job responsibilities
• Research customer needs and market development
• Develop differentiated product strategy, vision, and roadmap
• Work collaboratively with Engineering, UI/UX on product definition and features implementation
• Work closely with all stakeholders to optimize the launch plan for a new product
• Manage designing and implementing a customer solution that is simple and trustworthy
• Understand user patterns with usage data in a rapidly changing environment
• Establish metrics and key performance indicators for success
• Develop product and solution requirements, working backwards from the customer
• Bachelor's Degree required
• 3+ years of experience in a role leading the development of brand creation and new product strategy from conception to implementation
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience performing marketing research studies and customer analysis
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product.
• MBA preferred
• 5+ years of experience in product management with successful track record
• 3+ years of experience in a role leading the development of new or existing products or strategies from conception to implementation
• 3+ years working on a customer-facing product
• Strategic vision to optimize roadmap and product offering
• Analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.