Would you like to be part of a team that is solving new & disruptive business challenges using leading edge AWS technologies?
The Digital Signage Experience team is part of the larger Physical Store Technology organization which support solutions for Amazon's brick and mortar stores, but doing so in the Amazon way that leverages technology to transform the way people think about retail shopping. Amazon Fresh, Style and Go are some of the store formats we support. We are actively envisioning the future and are making it happen! Join a growing team and be part of something extraordinary.
The ideal candidate is excited by technology, passionate about learning and will embrace the Amazon Principle of working backwards from the customer. We work in a highly collaborative environment that is more startup than big company.
Key job responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer in Physical Store Tech, you will work in a team of talented engineers to build full stack solutions for an exciting new project utilizing Java and AWS technologies. You will have the opportunity to identify and evaluate new technology options for the challenges we are trying to solve. We are looking for a creative engineer who can effectively deal with ambiguity and work independently to clarify requirements, build prototypes and deliver results quickly. Come join a team in which builders build software and delight customers! You will learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- BS in Computer Science
- At least 1 year of experience as a Software Engineer, Software Developer, or a related occupation.
- At least 1 year of experience involving: designing and developing distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, C#, or C++.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Industry experience building highly available, distributed services
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.