We are seeking a seasoned Senior Economist to accelerate the growth of Amazon Prime through econometrics and data analytics. Our vision is for Prime to be the Earth’s largest and most loved membership program. We look forward to partnering with you to advance our innovation on customers’ behalf.
Amazon has a trailblazing track record of working with Ph.D. economists in the tech industry and offers a unique environment for economists to thrive. As an economist at Prime, you will apply the frontier of econometric and economic methods to Amazon’s terabytes of data and intriguing customer problems. Your expertise in building reduced-form or structural causal inference models is exemplary in Amazon. Your strategic thinking in designing mechanisms and products influences how Amazon evolves.
In this role, you will build ground-breaking, state-of-the-art causal inference models to guide multi-billion-dollar investment decisions around the global Amazon marketplaces. You will own, execute, and expand a research roadmap that connects science, business, and engineering and contributes to Amazon Prime’s long term success. The ideal candidate will be an experienced economist in empirical industrial organization, labour economics, or related structural/reduced-form causal inference fields. You are a self-starter who enjoys ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. You think big on the next game-changing opportunity but also dive deep into every detail that matters. You insist on the highest standards and are consistent in delivering results.
- Work with Product, Finance, Data Science, and Data Engineering teams across the globe to deliver data-driven insights and products for regional and world-wide launches.
- Innovate on how Prime can leverage data analytics to grow faster.
- Ph.D. degree in Economics, Quantitative Marketing, Information Systems, or Operations Research.
- Experience in industry/academic research positions.
- Expert knowledge and proven track record in empirical industrial organization and/or reduced-form causal inference.
- Experience in data analytics in a B2C industry (e.g., consumer/retail/retail financial services/telecoms/media).
- Experience with big data tools such as Scala, PySpark, AWS products.
- Experience with machine learning models and their applications in the Tech industry.
- Publications in world renowned scientific journals.
- Excellent in using non-technical yet precise languages, verbally and in writing, to communicate complex analytical subjects with business stakeholders.
- Applicants with less postdoctoral experience are also welcome to apply. We consider strong but less experienced candidates for a more junior position as well.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.