As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills.
Customers are rapidly adopting AWS as a way to build scalable and cost-effective web and IT solutions for their businesses. To do that effectively, they need training to help build their technical skills and develop proficiency with AWS. AWS Training & Certification is developing highly technical instructor-led courses with hands-on labs (ILT), digital learning courses that can be accessed 24x7, and self-paced labs that get customers deep into AWS technologies. This role gives the opportunity to learn, to teach, and to play at the same time as you develop training.
Our Technical Curriculum Developers will have excellent writing skills, a healthy technical domain expertise, and the ability to translate technical processes into easy-to-understand activities/simulations. Additionally, our ideal candidates will have experience developing/delivering training and above all, a passion for learning.
Preference for this position to be near an AWS U.S. Corp office in Boston, Dallas, HQ2 (Arlington), Seattle, Vancouver (Canada), Atlanta, Denver, and Jersey City, but open to these other locations: virtual U.S.
Key job responsibilities
· You get to play! Dive into AWS technologies and solutions, covering domains such as Storage, Internet of Things, Gaming, High Performance Computing, Storage, Enterprise Applications, Migration Strategies and other solution areas, to understand the services and develop effective training for our AWS customers.
· You get to work across AWS teams! Work with audience representatives to understand training needs and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts across AWS (including Developers, Support Engineers, Professional Services, and Solutions Architects) to build technically accurate training.
· You get to make things happen! Whether you’re building relationships with service teams to shape content, or facilitating requirements gathering sessions to define innovations on how training is absorbed, you’ll be a key influencer on how AWS educates customers on services and features.
· Please note this role will require some travel, primarily for event support (~10%).
A day in the life
A typical day for an AWS Cloud Career Education Programs Technical Curriculum Developer (TCD) consists of meetings with team members to plan content development, creating digial assets, such as Microsoft PowerPoint decks, Articulate Storyline or Rise presentations, and developing lab exercises that demonstrate how features of AWS Services deliver value for a wide variety of customer requirements.
As a TCD you will also work with Instructional Designers, Editors, and Technical Program Managers to ensure the content you deliver is aligned with customer needs.
About the team
You will be joining a team of seasoned technical communication professionals. The team works in small groups on development projects lasting from one to six months. The team has well-defined content quality standards and development strategies that make it easy for developers to do what they love: building world-class learning materials. The team is distributed across the United States and Europe but maintains close working relationships by working in small development groups. We also have fun by getting together physically whenever possible.
• Bachelor degree in either (Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology (IT) services or similar technical Bachelor degree) or 6+yrs. relevant work experience developing technical training for the technical industry required.
• 5+ yrs. demonstrated experience designing and developing IT or technical training materials and content to include creating instructor-led materials, online/e-learning modules, job aids, online tutorials, knowledge assessments and other training materials.
• 5+ yrs. domain expertise in one or more of the following: Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Contact Centers, End User Computing (virtual desktop infrastructure), Game Tech, Security, IoT, Media, or General Cloud Technology.
• Current Cloud Certification (Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Developer) or 6+ years hands-on in a cloud driven environment
• 3+ yrs. demonstrated working knowledge of eLearning development tools such as Articulate Storyline/Rise, Adobe Captivate, or Camtasia
• Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS services highly desired.
• Ability to write and edit content for the purpose of knowledge transfer and skill development; this includes skill in collaborating with subject matter experts to develop technical content.
• Proven experience collaborating with global stakeholders and subject matter experts.
• Ability to apply adult learning principles and incorporate this into curriculum design and development.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $138,235k - 187,024k per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.