Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technical managers to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects. You will help develop the industry’s best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. If you think you have what it takes to lead the best in the industry, AWS is hiring Leaders for our teams of Solutions Architects.
This role can be based in the Chicago area.
Travel: Up to 30% travel is expected for the role.
Key job responsibilities
- As a key member of the business development and sales management teams, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services onto the AWS platform
- Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
- Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be “Cloud advocates”
- Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
A day in the life
This role will be responsible for a team of Solution Architects who will need to learn the breadth of the AWS platform quickly and each develop depth in one or more area. As their leader you will coach your team to quickly advance them into more senior and complex roles. You will lead and actively participate in highly visible and strategic initiatives and collaborate with stakeholders from our Sales, Services, Business Development, and Field Marketing teams.
About the team
This role is mapped to customers in our Small and Medium sized Business in our Central Region.
- 4+ years experience in direct management of customer facing technical resources
- 6+ years' experience design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
- 4+ years' experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- Experience with analytics and big data related technologies
- History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or startups
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Familiarity with common open source technologies (Tomcat, Hadoop, Nginx, Docker, Git, etc.), products (i.e., MongoDB, Redis, Jenkins, etc.) and design approach (Serverless, microservices, decoupled, etc.
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
The pay range for this position in Colorado starts at $153,600/yr]; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.