Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out (JWO) Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from, or returned to the shelves, and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, JWO uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art and impacts the daily lives of our customers.
Amazon Go is seeking a “JWO Integration Manager” that can effectively work cross-functionally with our 3P clients, external Landlords, and our internal Technology Teams. As a member of the Store Development Team, you will build the process, procedures and program to allow our 3P partners to successfully construct their sites to allow for JWO installation. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work effectively in a highly collaborative, start-up environment as we develop this new class of customer experiences at Earth’s most customer-centric company. Our ideal candidate is insanely talented, super detail-oriented, working back from core customer needs. You consistently manage stakeholder expectations, schedules, budgets, assets and scopes because organization and attention to detail are in your DNA, and because an amazing product is made of those small details. You will work closely with operations, design, engineering and technology teams along with external partners to realize the customer-centric work Amazon is known.
You are the right person for this job if you have a strong end user focus and a passion for producing high-quality work. You must be a self-starter, creative, and a critical thinker with an intense curiosity and drive for learning. You must demonstrate the ability to efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources across multiple projects and working groups spanning design and technology. This position requires you to manage stakeholder expectations, schedules, budgets, assets and scopes—because organization and attention to detail are in your DNA. You will work closely with internal teams and external partners. You will make decisions and find solutions quickly and with confidence, and not expect someone else to show you the right way forward. You are the right person for this position if you take ownership of your work, display a great deal of initiative, possess common sense, sound judgment, and a sense of humor.
- Act as a single point of contact for design & construction related issues with 3P JWO customers
- Evaluate site feasibility including coordinating utility and technology requirements with 3P customers
- Provide typical Preconstruction consulting services for 3P customers
- Build and maintain a Project Execution Plan for all 3P construction projects.
- Review and Redline 3P customer construction drawings
- Review 3P Construction Proposals, making award recommendations and value engineering suggestions throughout the project
- Provide on-site guidance for 3P customers during construction. Assist 3P customers with Inspection related milestone checklists driven by JWO Tech.
- Act as a Construction subject matter expert on new Technology driven projects representing Store Development requirements.
- Manage projects and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners.
- Establish effective relationships along with an understanding of municipalities and permit processes.
- Lead meetings, produce minutes, and strive for a collaborative team environment.
- Travel estimated at 20%
- 5+ years of experience in the construction management or architecture of commercial buildings, demonstrating progressive responsibility and growth within the construction/architecture industry
- General knowledge of Building Code
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Ability to work within an ambiguous environment and manage change
- Have strong project management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Proficient in MS Excel, and MS Project
- Ability to lead negotiations, and manage high level meetings and discussions
- BA/BS degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
- Knowledge of Amazon JWO Technology
- Experience in negotiating commercial contracts (master agreements / work letters)
- Familiarity with business process documentation and improvement
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results
- Provide business decision support and participate/lead special projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.