As we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company, Amazon has reinvented how hundreds of millions of people shop online – providing customers with the opportunity to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy and providing millions of sellers with a platform for growing successful businesses. Thousands of new sellers register and start selling on Amazon each week.
As a Data Engineer manager in the Worldwide Seller Registration team, you will be leading a team of engineers and analysts to design, build, manage and enhance our data infrastructure, self-service data platforms and business intelligence solutions. You will set high standards for data quality, accessibility and timeliness to improve how our product managers and ML scientists consume the data. Your business intelligence solutions are timely, accurate, and actionable.
Key job responsibilities
• Design systems and solutions that allow business users to operate more effectively, intelligently, and efficiently.
• Manage a team of engineers and business analysts and work closely with scientists and product/program managers to define, build, drive and measure mechanisms to deliver results and adhere to SLAs.
• Work directly with product teams and business leaders to identify opportunities to improve products, tools, data, analytics, and reporting offerings
• Leverage strong communication skills and a passion for using data and software to drive business decisions at scale
• Drive business intelligence solutions end-to-end: business requirements, workflow instrumentation, data modeling and ETL
• Hire the best, mentor and develop the team
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience in managing Data / Business Intelligence Team
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience leading and influencing the data strategy of your team or organization
• Experience in Big Data Technologies and Cloud Technologies
• Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc).
• Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
• Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources.
• Experience architecting data solutions with AWS products including Big Data Technologies (Redshift, RDS, S3, Glue, Athena, EMR, Spark, Hive, etc.) and/or Microsoft Database Software Stack (SQL Server/SSIS/SSAS)
• Experience hiring, developing and promoting engineering talents.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 10+ years industry experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.