Come help us imagine and create innovative products for Amazon's Associates, managers, and leaders to support the evolution of People eXperience and Technology (PxT). The PxT Solutions team is a two time winner for the Jeff Bezos "Just Do It" award, and is looking for a UX Designer to help the team continue on the path of strategic innovation.
You must be customer obsessed, creative, innovative and think differently – we do not want the status quo! You'll need to be responsive, flexible, and able to deal with ambiguity within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then being able to drive that vision into solid design deliverables that achieve customer goals and business requirements.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead the design of useful, accessible, usable, and delightful products.
- Partner with product and tech in UX vision and design planning in line with the product goals.
- Understand customers and their needs through data analysis, customer research, and feedback.
- Use business vision/direction to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
- Design the UX framework, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
- Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
- Craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies.
- Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn from our customers.
- Chart a course for yourself and others in ambiguous situations.
- Develop and nurture relationships across the team, Amazon, and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiencies.
A day in the life
As a Senior UX Designer, you will partner with our product managers to define and design interfaces for our million + Associates across Amazon. You will work with a high degree of ambiguity, designing best-in-class consumer experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. You will work closely with product management, tech, and PXT leaders to successfully go from early stage concepts to launch. You will drive cross-organizational collaboration and sharing, and evangelize the UX work our team is doing to drive best practices throughout the company.
About the team
Are you a dynamic individual, passionate about improving employee experience? Do you lie awake at night coming up with great ideas wishing you had a team that champions innovation? Do you like the idea of impacting a worldwide workforce to turn Amazon into Earth’s best employer? If so, then Amazon's People Experience and Technology Solutions (PXT Solutions) team could be a perfect fit for you! Amazon has one of the largest and most complex workforces and the PXT Solutions team obsess over employees by inventing on their behalf for solutions that truly matter. We don’t make decisions without listening – we capture real-anecdotes, walk the floor to uncover business problems and opportunities, gather customer feedback, iterate to improve, over and over. We’re nimble, creative and always thinking beyond the status quo - that’s why we’ve won the Jeff Bezos Award, TWICE!
- 7+ years of design experience
- An available online portfolio
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 4+ years of additional experience
- Experience in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Figma, Fireworks, Visio or Omnigraffle, and Axure
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
- Experience presenting to and influencing people, from other designers and stakeholders to senior executive management
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
- Ability to prototype in HTML/CSS or Axure
- Impressive communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to iterate quickly on designs while keeping quality high & remain flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a collaborative team, publicly white-boarding, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $137,800 - 186,400(hr./yr.); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.