Ring is looking for a Software Development Engineer (Full Stack) to join our growing Customer Experience engineering team. We are looking for engineers to help Ring create world-class support tools including content management, personalization, self-service options, omnichannel experiences, and more.
The ideal candidate will be curious, creative, goal-oriented, and excited to serve in support of other internal team members. You take ownership of your work and are passionate about software quality, consistency, maintainability, performance, and security. You will own the design, development, and delivery of multiple tools and cloud services that support our customer support team and engineers. You will have a direct impact on customers and the opportunity to build world-class customer service tools in a growing team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures & algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• 1+ years professional experience in software development using Kotlin, Java, or other similar programming languages
• Experience building large scale full stack software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Good understanding of testing best practices
• Familiarity with performance optimizations and trends
• Passion for Operational Excellence
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience using languages such as Java, C++, or C#
- 3+ years of experience developing cloud software services on AWS
- Understanding of core computer science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly, and get things done.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.