Would you like to help shape the future of the global financial system? Do you want to join a team who is passionate about bringing the power of the cloud to create an inclusive financial ecosystem? Are you passionate about building effective teams, mechanisms and enablement? As a member of the AWS worldwide public sector (WWPS), you will empower Inter-Governmental Organizations (IGOs), International Financial Institutions (IFIs), and sovereign entities, such as central banks, financial regulators, taxation authorities, and sovereign wealth funds as they explore how the latest technology can be mission-enabling. Through a combination of domain and technical expertise, we partner with our customers as they leverage the power of cloud to achieve their mission objectives.
We are seeking a regional Tech BDM for the Latin America, Canada and Caribbean (LCC) geographies working within the WWPS International Public Sector Financials team. Working closely with sales and technical leaders, you will be responsible for defining and implementing a go-to-market approach that accelerates adoption of cloud computing on AWS in the LCC. You will also work directly with sales, solution architects, ProServes and other field teams to identify, qualify, and win major customers. Experience in the area of central banking functions, national and international payment systems, green finance, or emerging technologies such as blockchain, distributed ledger technology (DLT), AI/ML, supervisory technology (SupTech) will provide a foundation for success in this role.
The ideal candidate will possess both the business savvy to interact at the CxO/VP level, and the technical depth in cloud computing and other emerging technologies involving legacy infrastructure, to easily interact with operational teams, software developers and architects. You will have a strong knowledge of cloud computing, industry trends, and product developments. This role will be highly visible with senior levels of Amazon, and you will need to work collaboratively with internal management teams to understand where our relative advantages or risks lie, where new market segments and solutions should be created, and current trends around innovation, consolidation and customer adoption in LCC.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
• Take the lead to identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage large complex opportunities that can involve marketing, content, sales, contracting, and technology components.
• Be a primary contributor to strategy and go-to-market approach, and may consolidate strategy across a broad area.
• Initiate, structure, negotiate, and close commercial agreements for technical products or services, or for technical customers, to drive revenue and contribution profit and/or to enable the development of technical products and services.
• Evaluate the economic and strategic cost-benefit of the technical solutions.
• Engage with cross-functional teams including local account teams, product, operations, engineering, legal, finance, tax, accounting, and senior management to execute on the relationships.
• Develop best practices to foster, manage, track opportunities, and replicate them for the global team.
• Support the strategic goals and interests of AWS’s business teams on a global basis.
• Partner with technical business leaders (such as TPMs) to enable AWS to offer products and services that are highly technical in nature or that require engineering development.
• Develop a cross-functional strategy and market development plan or execute commercial deals for LCC.
About the team
Open to Washington DC area and NY
• 7+ years of previous experience working with financial regulators, central banks, tax authorities, IGOs and IFIs.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, CS, Engineering, or related field (degree or relevant work equivalent of successfully executing highly technical BD deals).
• 7+ years of experience of end-to-end negotiation experience, including identifying, developing, and executing successful sales process such as large-scale deals, complex transactions in government procurement and contracting, and strategic technology relationships.
• Experience working in the financial sector, preferably with central banks, international financial institutions, payment systems, FinTech, or similar.
• Experience working with Latin America or Canada Public Sector customers.
• Familiarity with technical subject matters in the realm of cloud technology, blockchain, data analytics, green finance or similar.
• Fluency French, Spanish or Portuguese (speaking, reading & written).
• Thought leader with a solid understanding of advertising, commerce, consumer, and enterprise technologies.
• Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships to help navigate complex situations and foster long-term opportunities.
• Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain respect of senior management and external executives.
• Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.