Amazon Ads operates at the intersection of e-commerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon owned and operated sites and on other high quality sites across the web. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising product with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
A strategically important part of our charter is to drive adoption and engagement across a portfolio of self-service, cost per click advertising products to enable head to tail advertisers to engage with customers in relevant ways. Our team is tasked with making it easy for selling partners to use advertising to increase the visibility of their products, which also helps Amazon customers discover more selection—a win-win!
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to drive scaled marketing campaigns and programs to activate and engage sellers on Sponsored Products. In this role, you will be responsible for defining and executing the vision for digital marketing strategies and campaigns, with global scope. You will conduct research to understand prospective and new advertisers' business priorities and pain points, and develop scaled yet customized advertising solutions. This role has end-to-end ownership of campaigns from strategy to execution.
The ideal candidate for this role can think strategically and execute flawlessly. You will bring your proven creative, analytical and project management capabilities to imagine, plan, implement and optimize compelling campaigns that drive customer acquisition and retention. To be successful you’ll need to be a strong communicator who can earn trust with key stakeholders across multiple teams. You will be excited to test and learn in a data driven environment, enthusiastic about handling large data sets and using customer data and insights to deliver impact across multiple marketing channels. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and are willing to work autonomously, handling multiple initiatives simultaneously. If you are data-driven, detail-oriented, and passionate about creating customized experiences through marketing automation, with an interest to own your marketing strategy end to end, this is a great role for you. Experience working directly with sellers, in either a retail or advertising capacity, is welcomed.
Key job responsibilities
Key job responsibilities:
• Develop and lead an annual marketing plan to align on key growth areas, maintain a complete project schedule, and make it constantly visible to leadership and stakeholders
• Own highly visible demand generation focused marketing campaigns from beginning to end — from gathering of requirements, design and development, to testing, launch, and reporting
• Operate with significant autonomy to deliver results and achieve the goals and objectives of both your cross functional teams and the broader organization, maintaining the highest work standards and prioritizing maximizing customer value
• Research and develop an iterative testing strategy to gain insights and continuously improve the customer experience through optimized messaging and targeting
• Create on-brand, best in class content, tailored to appropriate customers and effectively build acquisition campaigns
• Work with worldwide marketing managers, content creators, designers, program managers, and business leadership to align channel initiatives with cross-functional team goals
• Analyze, report on, and optimize against key performance metrics
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional programs or marketing campaigns from concept to completion
- 4+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• Demonstrated capacity to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities of a rapidly evolving business
• Experience using email platforms and editing HTML
• Experience with A/B testing, especially around audience segmentation and targeting
• Experience using customer research, hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, generate forecasts, and assess the efficacy of marketing programs
• Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $80,600 - $141,100 (yr); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location.
• Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
• Strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks
• Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate SQL knowledge
• Experience working in Amazon consumer organizations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.