Do you have what it takes to join one of the most exciting teams at the world's most customer-centric company? Then come soar with Amazon Air!
The Air Science and Technology team is seeking a Software Development Engineer to be part of a team of developers supporting Amazon Air.
The ideal candidate should be a leader and quick learner. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
Key job responsibilities
· Work closely with product managers, research scientists, Air Operations and senior engineers to implement and deploy applications that impact Amazon Air to operations.
· Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
· Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and of technical talent.
· Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and delivery incrementally to the right direction
- Experience in Aviation or Air Cargo industry
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.