Do you like movies & TV and live sports events? Wish you could be a member of the team that is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media for streaming and download? We're looking for talented, motivated Software Development Engineers who have the skills for building large-scale, high-performance, customer-centric products and think end-to-end. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and low operating costs which translate into affordable prices for our customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, whether we're on the road, cramped in an airplane seat, or enjoying a show from the comfort of the living room sofa. Prime Video delivers Movies and Live events to mobile devices, smart TVs, gaming consoles, Windows and MacOS. Today, we serve customers worldwide, and we aspire to grow -- a lot. Prime Video is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to support rapid growth and maturity of Prime Video. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and building services and engineering platform features for stress test automation, traffic prediction and operational excellence. You will own end to end technical components and framework focused on technology and services needed to build scale, efficiency, and an Amazon-caliber customer experience. You will work with internal and external stakeholders, cross-functional partners, and end-users around the world at all levels and will contribute to the Resilience Engineering roadmap by identifying and prioritizing customer requirements. Our team makes a big impact because nothing is more important to us than pleasing our customers, continually earning their trust, and thinking long term. You are empowered to bring new technologies including machine learning to your solutions. If you crave a sense of ownership, this is the place to be. We are looking for talented, self-starter software development engineers who will contribute to our premier engineering culture. Our team delivers results and value for customers while simultaneously investing in each team member's career and skill set. Domain-specific video skills can be learned on the job. At Amazon, every engineer has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers, and you will be called on to directly identify and realize opportunities. We embrace the challenges of a fast paced market and evolving technologies, paving the way to universal availability of content and pushing the envelope of streaming video quality. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive will have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide.
About the team
We are building the next-gen availability/incident engineering toolset for Prime Video engineering community (1500+ people) by leveraging Big Data, ML, BI, AWS tech stack in our projects. We have an inclusive and diversified culture, startup environment with low ops burden, direct leadership and principal engineers support.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.