Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity and inclusion of our teams within the organization.
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air team!
We're looking for an outstanding Global Commodity Manager (GCM). The GCM is responsible for developing, communicating, and executing sourcing strategies relative to their respective hardware development areas and develop and execute the necessary contractual framework. This role will manage the business relationship with our key suppliers to ensure full supply chain support to deliver on time, high quality and cost effective materials.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with suppliers in one or more specific commodities
- Work closely with our Engineering teams to support product development efforts, to influence sourcing decisions, meet customer expectations, technical capabilities, and program objectives
- Responsible for Approved Supplier List for commodity and custom components managing supplier selection, qualification and contract negotiation
- Draft and negotiate contractual agreements' terms and conditions
- Develop hardware commodity roadmaps aligning program and business requirements with supplier capabilities
- Maintain professional knowledge of commodity technology trends including rigorous analysis of industry drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape
- Ensure supplier readiness. Ensure continuity of supply throughout entire product life cycle
The GCM will also have a substantive track record of effectively engaging product design teams early and throughout the product design life cycle in these disciplines, and successfully influencing product development teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- 7+ years of combined work experience in Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Telecommunications, Aerospace, Medical or high-tech technical industries
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years in strategic sourcing (non-tactical) experience in manufacturing operations or sourcing environment
- Experienced in complex contractual negotiation of agreements and legal and commercial terms and conditions
- Experience developing commodity sourcing strategies, commodity and technology roadmaps
- Global sourcing experience
- Proficient with analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier risk management and formal supplier selection)
- Mastery and deep domain experience in mechanical and electro mechanical commodities.
- Master's degree in Business or Engineering related field
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) by the Institute of Supply Management (ISM)
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Proficiency in writing documents and white papers
- Demonstrated track record in reducing supplier lead times and increase supplier quality
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and coordinate with product development team members
- Ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance, and the associated measurement systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.