Are you passionate about conducting research to drive real behavioral change and inform front line managers and leaders in making more effective decisions? Would you love to see your research in practice, impacting Amazonians globally and improving the employee experience? If so, you should consider joining our Research team on Amazon Connections!
Amazon Connections is an innovative program that gives Amazonians a confidential and effective way to give feedback on the workplace to help shape the future of the company and improve the employee experience. By asking employees quick questions every day, Connections leverages real time information to learn more about their experiences and introduce positive changes with internal business partners around the world. We maximize the value of the employee voice.
In this role, you will own the research development strategy to evaluate, diagnose, understand, and surface drivers and moderators for key research streams. These include (but are not limited to) attrition, engagement, productivity, diversity, and Amazon culture. You will deep dive and analyze what research should be conducted and to what end, develop hypotheses that can be tested, and support a larger research program to deliver deeper insights that we can surface to leaders on our platform (short term and long).
You will use both quantitative and qualitative data as well as conduct research studies to test your hypotheses. You will use a variety of statistical approaches to model and understand behavior. You will develop algorithms and thresholds to surface personalized results to managers/leaders, and partner with machine learning scientists to build these statistical models into production that scales. You will work with an interdisciplinary team of psychologists, economists, ML scientists, UX researchers, engineers, and product managers to inform and build product features to surface deeper people and business insights for our leaders.
Key job responsibilities
What you'll do:
• Execute a scalable global content development and research strategy to drive more effective decisions and improve the employee experience across all of Amazon
• Conduct psychometrics analyses to evaluate integrity and practical application of content
• Identify research streams to evaluate how to mitigate or remove sources of measurement error
• Partner closely and drive effective collaborations across multi-disciplinary research and product teams
• Manage full life cycle of large-scale research programs (Develop strategy, gather requirements, manage and execute)
- PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 4+ years of research experience in a quantitative field
- Experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to business problems and products
- 1-3 years of experience conducting large-scale applied research studies
- Experience analyzing experimental research data as well as big data from surveys and archival data
- Experience developing and validating survey measures or assessments
- Advanced Statistics (ANOVAs, Regressions, HLM, longitudinal data analysis, factor analysis, IRT, cluster analysis or SEM/Path Analysis)
- Proficiency in at least one statistics program (SPSS, R, SAS, Python, etc.)
- Experience using and researching with single-item measures
- Highly adaptable, creative, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and program management skills
- 3-5 years of experience conducting large-scale applied research studies
- Experience writing and communicating technical information for non-technical audience
- Experience with SQL, R, or Python, data warehouses, machine learning, and building automated analytical systems is a plus
- Experience leading the execution of research projects with multiple stakeholders
- Domain expertise in researching work-related behavior
- Experience providing thought leadership and consultation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.