Are you passionate about process excellence and want to be part of a fast growing business?
Are you interested in shaping the future product roadmap for Amazon’s Private Brands business?
Does global process development and process optimization interest you?
If yes, then keep on reading!
Amazon Private Brands (APB) is seeking an experienced, hands on and customer obsessed Sr. Product Manager for standardization and process Improvement to join its Product Management team.
The SPM will drive process standardization and process improvement across the APB product development pipeline. As a member of the PM team, you will focus on the health and optimization of our development workflows. These workflows are used by hundreds of APB members worldwide and deliver tens of thousands of new private label products every year. Your objectives are: (1) increase productivity and efficiency, (2) improve programmatic accuracy, and (3) reduce the development and maintenance burden for tech. In order to reach your objectives you will work with a wide range of stakeholders including Product Managers, Sourcing Managers, Marketing Managers, Operations Managers, Business Intelligence, and the Private Brands Central tech team. Together with these resources you will create and execute a project roadmap to improve process visibility; increase user proficiency through tools and trainings; enhance process paths; outsource and automated low-value activity; and build mechanisms to enforce process accountability.
The right candidate enjoys a fast paced, ambiguous environment. This leader thrives working cross functionally and likes the challenge of creating and executing complex, strategic improvement projects. To be successful, you will need to be an effective influencer, possess strong program and process management skills, and have experience balancing inputs and priorities from multiple executive stakeholders. Success in this role will translate into immediate and substantial business impact for Amazon Private Brands, a strategic investment area within Amazon’s WW Consumer organization.
Key job responsibilities
(1) Dive deep into processes or data to identify standardization opportunities
(2) Conduct data analysis to understand financial benefits of changed approach
(3) Work with cross-functional stakeholders to gain alignment
(4) Provide status updates to broader team on plan progress and results
(5) Manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
A day in the life
Dive deep into processes or data to identify opportunity areas
- Develop plans to address opportunity areas
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to gain alignment
- Run tests or conduct data analysis to ensure approach achieves desired results
- Deploy solutions to relevant business teams for use or execution
- Provide status updates to broader team on plan progress and results
- Manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
About the team
EPIC created the Process Team to standardize Amazon Private Brand’s (APB’s) processes, achieving three key themes: (1) increase productivity and efficiency, (2) improve programmatic accuracy, and (3) reduce the development and maintenance burden for tech. This requires diving deep into processes and data, understanding how different groups/ systems work together, prioritizing and balancing competing priorities and feedback, and working with APB stakeholders to gain alignment on standardization proposals, pilots, and deployment
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
• Prior experience managing process or product
• Prior experience driving productivity improvement, cost optimization, lead time reduction, or bottleneck analysis
• Prior experience managing global stakeholders
• Prior experience driving complex, cross-functional projects
• LEAN/ Six Sigma/ Kaizen Continuous Improvement Training
• SQL or other strong reporting and modeling capabilities
• Prior experience in retail or product development
• Outstanding writing skills (for executive audience)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.