Ring is looking for a technically strong leader to define and develop highly scalable hardware and software solutions that will power Ring cameras and video doorbells.
In this role you will work closely with hardware, software, and product teams to deliver high quality, scalable products deployed around the world. You will collaborate with stakeholders to deliver the best product with most efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
Successful candidates will have a technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement, and mentorship.
As the Senior TPM, you will drive various initiatives for the team and ensure leadership is updated through weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews.
Key job responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall development lifecycle of complex projects spanning multiple teams.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop a strategy and roadmap that provides compelling device capabilities and helps meet our business goals.
- Work closely with senior engineers and managers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management - prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
- 5+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams.
- 5+ years of experience using agile to deliver products.
- Experience in working with hardware engineers to build new devices.
- Experience in working with embedded firmware engineers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Master’s degree or advanced technical degree.
- Strong business and technical vision.
- Knowledge of hardware and firmware architecture concepts.
- Familiarity with video streaming protocols.
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills to earn trust and influence partners and teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.