Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced marketing leader to drive awareness and adoption of AWS in the Latin America geography. This is a unique opportunity to play a key leadership role in a fast growing technology business.
The Director of Latin America Marketing is responsible for defining the field and partner marketing strategy and driving regional marketing programs to grow and convert sales pipeline and revenue. This role is responsible for building audience, industry and solution marketing strategies that work backwards from the needs of customers. This role will lead a team of marketing managers that develop and run campaigns and programs to generate quality leads, move prospects through the sales cycle, build deeper customer relationships, and grow customer usage. The person in this role works collaboratively with sales leadership, business development, the alliances organization, product marketing and other marketing teams to strategically design and execute marketing initiatives, both directly and with/through APN Partners.
The ideal candidate has experience with vertical, account-based, executive audience and partner marketing for technology products/services. The right candidate will have combination of creativity and analytical skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Define marketing strategies and programs that build awareness, acquire net new accounts, and increase customer usage across all sales segments: Enterprise, SMB, Startups, and ISV.
· Work closely with sales leadership and sales operations to identify and track joint goals around funnel leads, pipeline revenue, sales opportunities, and conversion.
· Build scalable, repeatable marketing programs that have broad, but targeted reach.
· Hire and lead a team of marketing professionals that plan and deliver demand generation programs, including integrated campaigns, events, digital marketing, and partner marketing programs.
· Continually experiment and introduce new approaches to marketing to that engage customers and prospects in innovative ways.
· Evaluate and optimize iteratively based on business priorities and customer behavior and needs.
· Track, measure, and analyze the performance of marketing campaigns and report results to sales and marketing leadership.
· Partner with global marketing teams to customize programs for the Latin America geography and sub-geographies.
· Manage marketing budget, including allocation and reconciliation.
- 12+ years of relevant marketing experience, plus experience marketing B2B technology products or services.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technology, relevant field of study or equivalent experience
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to influence, work cross functionally, build relationships with key stakeholders and thrive in highly collaborative and fast paced environments.
- Problem-solver with strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, business acumen and the ability to find creative ways to optimize performance.
- Proven track record of leading high performing teams that create and execute field and partner marketing programs.
- Demonstrated experience working with sales leadership and sales teams in driving pipeline and revenue.
- Proven success managing complex and multi-faceted marketing programs with the ability to drive projects through completion.
- Adept at making resources allocation decisions and tradeoffs to make the appropriate long term strategic investments while maintaining the short-term delivery of results.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results.
- Proven knowledge of lead flow process and sales and marketing automation tools, such as SFDC and Marketo.
- Willingness to travel.
- MBA preferred
- Outstanding communications skills – written and verbal
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Interested in building teams, programs, process
- Not afraid to try new things – driven to constantly improve results