“Alexa, let’s define the future of voice!” The Alexa Voice Services team is building voice-forward experiences that delight customers. We believe customers should be able to get more use out of their existing devices, so we bring familiar and lovable Alexa experiences into products and explore new hero use cases through research, prototyping, and design development. We partner with the world’s leading device-makers and design for TVs, Smart Displays, Wearables, Hearables, Smart Speakers and Soundbars, and Computers. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
This role will design on the end-to-end customer experience for an emerging technology that has horizontal impact across voice and multimodal devices. They will develop strong relationships with fellow Design Leaders within and outside our organization, and partner closely with Product and Engineering counterparts throughout the product development process to launch bar-raising experiences for customers.
Learn more about our service and team here:
Key job responsibilities
We’re looking for someone to join our team who is:
A craftsperson who insists on the highest standards: You bring expertise in UX design (frameworks, interaction models, prototypes, wireframes, research). You’re a systems thinker who identifies and abstracts repeatable design patterns and guidance. You think big, framing designs in the context of the broader customer experience, and dive deep into the design details.
Comfortable navigating from ambiguity to clarity: You proactively plan ahead, look around corners, and can see the next step.
Attuned to customer needs and business realities: You are customer obsessed and work backwards from customer needs while understanding the business context and technical constraints.
An influencer: You earn the trust of peers, leaders, cross-functional stakeholders, and partners. You are right a lot, but also humble. You welcome a healthy debate. You look at opportunities and issues from all sides, form a point-of-view, advocate for what you believe in, and bring people along with you.
A compelling communicator, facilitator, and presenter: You have excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills. You capture and hold and audience’s attention when presenting.
Someone who operates like an owner: If you see something that can be improved, you make it happen.
- An available online portfolio
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar.
- Demonstrated proficiency in design programs, including Sketch, and at least one industry-standard prototyping tool.
- Desire to work in an environment where innovation, iteration, and learning is encouraged.
- Strong analytical ability and enjoys making informed design decisions utilizing data and analytics.
- Experience conducting and synthesizing, and deriving insights from research, usability and user testing.
- Experience designing for accessibility, scale, growth, discovery, localization, and personalization.
- Knowledge of usability best-practices.
- Ability to clearly articulate design intent and rationale with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of how to design creative solutions based on device capabilities and limitations (i.e. screen, no-screen, tv, desktop, mobile, voice).
- Proven ability to work cross-team and address feedback from business leaders and cross-functional peers.
- Understanding of technical best practices and limitations.
- Ability to translate designs into clear requirements for development.
- Experience in extending design systems for multiple platforms and form factors.
- Experience in crafting UX solutions for emerging technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.