Ring is searching for a highly motivated, customer obsessed Sr Technical Service Manager to own the end-to-end performance of production services offered to Ring customers over third party networks through building strategic technical and support partnerships with residential and mobile service providers as well as wireless router manufacturers. As a Technical Service Manager, you will exercise a breadth of skillsets to lead cross functional efforts. You are data driven, passionate about technology and understand the complex service chains behind delivering excellent service levels. You have experience developing KPIs that are meaningful to the customer and establishing process and technology to monitor and improve them. You will lead self-organized, matrixed teams comprised of support engineers, data analysts, program managers, call center, developers and third party providers to constantly improve service levels. You are comfortable operating in high-pressure situations, communicating with executive stakeholders with a proven ability to handle competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible. Finally, you have a history of maintaining a strong delivery record and proven product and project management experience to own strategic, tactical, cross-functional and technology products, services and programs.
Key job responsibilities
• Build technical and strategic partnerships with major ISP/Carrier/Manufacturers in support of mutual customer experience.
• Define and establish meaningful KPIs and metrics to measure customer experience for Ring individual services, specific to service providers
• Identify, build, track and implement service improvements plan with service providers
• Lead regular service performance reviews with internal and external stakeholders with the objective of constant improvement and staying accountable for delivering and excellent experience
• Own program communication, accelerating progress by driving crisp and timely decisions, clearing blockers and escalating as appropriate
• Take on ad hoc efforts in either project or product scope when necessary to drive service improvements
• Advocate for the customer in all decisions and projects
• Bachelors degree in computer science, information systems or related field
• 6+ years of experience working in a role delivering technical services to customers either in a program or service team capacity
• 2+ years of experience as an individual contributor in a technical capacity such as network, cloud services, devops or device
• Experience in the residential or mobile service provider space highly preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills through keen understanding of their own behavior and work style with tolerance of other’s styles, needs and viewpoints. Consideration for others through courtesy, respect, humility and a service-oriented attitude.
• Thrives in a high speed, chaotic environment.
• Strong technical acumen, including the ability to understand the IT landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles.
• An ability to think creatively and apply strong analytical and problem solving skills, driving issues to resolution.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Can deal with ambiguity and bring clarity to those situations.
• Background in data analytics or similar with a habit of diving deep to answer questions and solve problems
• Bachelors degree in computer science or related field.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $127,100 - $172,000 (yr); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $127,100 - $172,000 (yr); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.