Amazon is looking for a workplace, Health and Safety (WHS) Coordinator to add to the team:
Year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members safe, fulfilled, motivated and empowered. To help us achieve this, we’re seeking a driven WHS Coordinator/ Officer. With your Bias for Action, we’ll need you to step in and help drive health and safety across our delivery Station in Riyadh.
Key job responsibilities
• Lead site risk assessment for current and new activities.
• Lead implementation of site specific WHS standards and guidelines.
• Lead implementation of site WHS objective and programs.
• Promote safe culture among employees by providing daily WHS content to shift briefing.
• Establish site WHS training matrix.
• Perform frequent site safety inspections to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Work with Operations team to implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
• Attending to incidents and occupational injuries cases on site.
• Guide and assist area managers on incident investigations, Systems write up and communication of lesson learned.
• Assisting Ops team in Systems follow up sheet and CAPA creation. Audit record-keeping practices and ensure Systems entries to be aligned with global WHS standards and local regulations.
• Ensure the PPE inventory at site and coordinate with procurement for order placement.
• Key Safety Requirement (KSR) Audit weekly assignment, monitoring and support.
• Ensure basic Fire Fighting training and first aid training completion. requirements.
• Daily Powered Industrial Tool and Trailer Dock Release inspection and communications.
• Daily Action Tracking System monitoring and support.
• Participate in site management safety walk, provide insight into unsafe acts and conditions to management.
• Provide daily update to Country WHS Manager on objectives progress, incidents, KSR, ATS, network actions, etc).
• Preparation of WHS committee meeting agenda, MOM write up, ATS creation.
• Daily Permit to Work review and sign off.
• Lead on WHS related procurement and follow up.
• Preparing emergency response plans.
• Managing and conducting emergency drills.
• Managing preparation and training of emergency drills, prepare records.
• Heat Index establishment, monitoring and support.
• Provide support to site specific requests, unplanned events and activities.
• Conduct daily and weekly WHS audits, such as hazard waste room inspection, spill kit inspection, first aid room, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety or Engineering / Science bachelor degree • +3 years of experience in OSH field. • Local Authority classification as Safety Practitioner • Good English communicator
• Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment and customer focus skills • Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy. • Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses • Experienced in emergency response and currently holds First aid and CPR certificates • Analyzing and manipulating data • Passion for safety