At AWS Professional Services, we are building a professional services team to work on enterprise customer engagements across APAC, and to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity supporting these customers. To help grow and scale this business, we are looking for a Resource Manager, with strong operational, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the professional services business. Helping ensure that the business can optimize its impact on behalf of customers because it is so operationally sound.
About this role:
The Resource Manager will use in-depth experience and expertise of personnel and project management to support the Operations teams. The Resource Manager will manage and continuously improve resource management processes and functions. The Resource Manager will ensure that effective management of company and external resources is operationally effective and allows the company to be more competitive.
Principle Responsibilities & Duties:
- Lead weekly resourcing cadence with stakeholders to plan assignments, review and staff for customer demand, resolve conflicts, and identify assignment opportunities for our consultants
- Engage with Practice Manager to timely process project staffing requests, prioritize requests, resolve assignment conflicts, address changing staffing needs
- Provide complete and regular active assignments, available supply, and customer demand status reporting, forecasts, and analysis
- Ensure that resource allocation, availability and forecast overviews are accurate and up-to-date and completed in a timely fashion
- Monitor resource assignments and timesheet data to ensure accuracy of utilization forecast
- Provide workload balancing, prioritization, resource rescheduling and integration of resources into multiple projects in order to maintain optimal utilization of resources and increase consultant productivity
- Collaborate effectively with regional and global AWS corporate tax, legal, and immigration stakeholders to staff for cross border engagements
- Invent and Simplify mechanisms we deploy, increase automation, reduce manual work and allow for scaling while addressing areas of inefficiencies
- Be a strategic partner with ProServe Area Leaders to provide long term resourcing insights, to support hiring plans, to calibrate organization change and optimize the supply of resources v/s demand
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in Professional Services Operations or Sales Operations in APAC
- Organized, detailed oriented with excellent planning and organizational skills
- Able to manage, educate, develop, and consult with internal stakeholders and leaders
- Highly skilled in use of spreadsheet tools e.g. Excel
- Excellent problem solving, negotiation, and conflict management skills
- Experience in continuous business process improvement (Kaizen)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional influencing and analytical skills.
- Able to adopt and adapt to organizational change
- University undergraduate degree (BA/BS)
- Experience in Professional Services
- Experience in resourcing for AWS platform services projects
- Experience with Salesforce.com, specifically with FinancialForce.
- Experience with reporting automation and visualization using Tableau