The Corporate Communications organization is seeking a self-motivated, highly organized and creative Executive Assistant to provide support for three Directors with growing teams in our Executive, Financial, and Advertising Communications org. If you are a detail-oriented individual with a collaborative spirit, who enjoys a fast pace, the ambiguity and opportunity to invent that comes with a growing and evolving organization, and the challenge of keeping things humming as a business partner, this may be the role for you!
This role requires the ability to complete tasks and projects quickly with little-to-no guidance. High standards of written and verbal skills are required, as is a diligent and detail-orientated aptitude. A focus on bias for action and organization, with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels is important in this role. Integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is essential, as is a collaborative demeanor when dealing with senior executives both inside and outside the company. A good sense of humor is a must!
A demonstrated ability of managing complex calendars, coordinating international and domestic travel, processing expense reports, assisting with project support, and acting as a general liaison between team members and leadership are also important aspects of the role.
Key job responsibilities
• Proactively coordinate and engage with leadership in planning activities, calendars and the organization of events (such as staff meeting agendas, all-hands meetings, team morale-building)
• Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
• Work within a group of high-performing, fun, and collaborative EAs around the world
• Have fun at work and help others do the same
• Be a steward and leader of team culture
• Coordinate with teams on programs and projects in various areas across the network
• Support in the management of metrics to measure results across the teams
• Be able to travel domestically and internationally on a periodic basis
A day in the life
This virtual role will support Directors in the Pacific Time Zone, and preferably be based near an Amazon Corporate hub.
• 2+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant
• Experience with supporting multiple leaders
• Experience with executive level calendar management
• Experience with domestic and/or international travel coordination
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Creative problem solver
• Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments while maintaining a commitment to deadlines and long-term goals
• Desire and aptitude for learning new concepts on the job
• Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
• Experience with space management projects
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
*Mentorship and Career Growth*
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.