The AWS Risk Management team is responsible for “looking around corners” and helping business teams proactively think about business risks in a holistic way. We partner with our business teams to identify enterprise risk and use qualitative and quantitative analysis to identify, track, manage and remediate enterprise risks using repeatable and scalable methodologies. Within Risk Management is the Third Party Risk Management team, which provides oversight enterprise wide of the TPRM framework. The team brings its knowledge of industry best practice and birds eye view of risk management across the company to help teams take smart decisions and manage third party risk as they continue to innovate and build. Our goal is to drive customer trust by providing the highest level of assurance to around how AWS manages third party risk.
We’re looking for a motivated senior leader to help lead our Third Party Risk Management team. You will be responsible for:
• Defining and managing the strategic direction of the TPRM program
• Establishing strong partnerships with first and second line teams to understand business processes and ensure third party program, policy and procedures are effective and demonstrate adherence in support of managing third party service provider risks;
• Clearly communicating vision, deliverables and program status to management and external stakeholders
• Working with multiple stakeholders to address regulatory and customer enquiries pertaining to TPRM
• Developing operational metrics to drive KPIs/ KRIs and ongoing monitoring and reporting mechanisms
• Supporting the design and implementation of third-party risk operating models, identifying, evaluating, and providing solutions to evaluate complex business and technology risks
• Providing escalation management with a data driven approach, anticipating and making trade-offs balancing the business needs versus constraints
• Managing the TPRM team with a focus on hiring and developing talent and driving quality work both directly and through the team
• Identifying opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness as well as cost savings by optimizing vendor management mechanisms, and by effectively managing risks in partnership with the line of business
• Developing mechanisms to improve documentation, track progress, coordinate improvement efforts, and monitor ongoing process effectiveness;
• Operating a rhythm of the business for managing risks and mitigations; guiding process owners in implementation of mitigation strategies, and implementing processes define and measure success
This role can also be located in the following locations: NYC (NY), Arlington (VA), Seattle (WA), London (UK)
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 10+ years of experience in governance, risk management and compliance at senior leadership level.
• 10+ years of experience in large scale project management and in leading and executing cross-organizational initiatives
• 10+ years of experience driving risk improvements that have resulted in measurable business impacts.
• 10+ years of experience defining risk management roadmaps based on customer requirements, compliance documentation, and ensuring that committed assessments are delivered on schedule
• 10 + years of experience managing people and teams
• Master’s degree.
• 10+ years of experience in third party risk management (TPRM) program build and implementation
• Experience presenting impact and value proposition through data and metrics
• Demonstrated experience of addressing regulatory examinations pertaining to risk management
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.