Our team is looking for an experienced sales professional that loves talking about books and has a passion for connecting authors and readers! Amazon Publishing is seeking an experienced Sales Manager for our publishing business.
Key job responsibilities
This role is responsible for cultivating new account relationships and initiatives. As a Sales Manager, you understand, and/or help define, your account’s decisions and priorities with Amazon Publishing and you use this knowledge to drive relevant activities that support achieving shared goals. The ideal candidate thrives in an ambiguous environment where they must develop, implement and innovate on behalf of our authors. In addition, to be successful in this role you must:
• Work backwards starting with your accounts and end customers when making business decisions.
• Ensure project and/or account success metrics are in place, and if not, work to define them.
• Provide input for team goals and may influence partner team goals.
• Audit, monitor and review business performance across accounts / channels and provide clear documentation or narratives on performance to leadership.
• Use knowledge of accounts to provide insights and clear, concise communication of insights across stakeholders and recommend opportunities for improvement in process, metrics, internal tools and/or SOPs.
• Utilize knowledge of customer and data to focus on the right product for each customer / channel.
• Identify roadblocks, drive resolution of problems and manage them or ensure a clear hand-off to the right owner to solve.
• Make improvements to team processes, metrics, internal tools, SOPs and other workflows.
• Transform raw thoughts into clear documentation and/or narratives.
About the team
Amazon Publishing is the full-service publishing arm of Amazon. We publish emerging, bestselling and critically-acclaimed authors in digital, print, and audio formats. Our mission is to invent new avenues for connecting authors and readers worldwide.
• BA/BS Degree
• Demonstrated success driving sales for +$1M accounts
• 3+ years of relevant professional experience in Sales
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in composing concise, accurate and appropriately targeted responses.
• Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management and meeting deadlines.
• Strong deep dive mindset and ability to use metrics to measure success.
• 6+ years of experience in sales, account management, buying in related industry – book selling, publishing, marketing.
• Success managing dynamic account portfolios
• Experience is non-traditional retail marketplaces
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.